Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summoning a character
if this is a question that is often asked, sorry, but searching didn't really help, sooo...
How to summon a character while giving him hp that does NOT heal?
i'm working a necromancer character who summons ghouls (recouloured justins), and i'm struggling to make him summon them.
make sure to check my sprites!
I guarantee your eyes won't hurt! At least, they won't hurt too much :p !
Thanks given by:
There's a few ways around it:

Method 1:
Simply use Rudolf/Julian to opoint the ghouls so they'd have 10hp, and then hit them with negative injury.
This method is the easiest but requires modding Rudolf/Julian.

Method 2:
Opoint the ghouls(they'd have 500hp), and then grab them and throw them from a state12 frame to the ground immediately(use thrownjury).
This method requires knowledge of self-hit(friendly fire), and the ghoul would always appear to start off on a lying frame.

Method 3:
After opointing the ghoul, you keep hitting and healing them until they reach the desired HP.
* This works because 33% of the damage dealt will damage Max HP(rounded down).
* To maximize healing speed, use an itr kind 8 that only heals around 1-4hp and apply it continuously - this works because ik8 healing always heals 4hp instantly - using a higher injury would slow down the heal rate.
* To avoid having to deal with hitlag, it is recommended to grab the ghoul and use cpoint negative injury to deal the damage.
This method is the most complicated and slow-acting.
[Image: ifv8rBB.gif]

In any case, there's no easy method.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: the mad maskman
I am planning to make them have only few life points. just as much as rudolph's clones. can't i do it like when they go to injury frame, they instantly die (no need to say i'm a noob datachanger)?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, just put next: 1000 in the end of the injury sequence, that should solve your problem! :)

(I'd put it on lying frames as well, just to be sure in case someone punches the ghoul with a big fall: value; also might be a good idea to delete bdy elements in the injury frames)
so, if i understood everything well, i have to summon ghouls, and have them go next:1000 in injury and falling/laying frame?
Thanks given by:
Ah, so you want to make a low hp ghoul rather than anything durable.

In that case yes, you can just put next: 1000 in various injury-related frames, just play around with the frames if you find that the ghoul suddenly disappearing looks bad.
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Thanks given by:
Thanks  :D ! btw, i've got 3 other question(the last ones, I promise :D ).
1: could i make the ghouls get opointed in a specific frame, so that they look like raising from their tomb? i thought about using the lying frame, but since  there is a next: 1000...  Shock .
2: is it possible to refrain them from picking weapons? the ghouls have really low damage and can be spammed, but when they pick weapon, they become way too strong for the mp necessary to summon them.
3: when i summon the ghouls, my mp doesen't decrease, althrough i set the cost to be 50 mp. why?
Thanks given by:
1) Yes, you can opoint anything in any specific frame, just change the "action" tag under opoint.

edit:
2) Yes, just remove the itr kind 2 from the punching frames and itr kind 7 from the rolling frames. However, you won't be able to stop the AI from trying to pick up weapons, so what I'd suggest instead is to make them always throw a weapon when they pick it up. You can even make them eat the weapon(actually using wpoint weaponact: 1000).

3) Check the frame you've used for the command. For example, hit_Ua: 300 would go to frame 300 where the mp cost should be applied.
Or are you using super_punch to raise ghouls? Some default frames don't work well with mana cost.

Do join us on the LFE discord, I can answer your questions more quickly there if you have further questions.
~Spy_The_Man1993~
1: thanks!
2: throwing the weapon isn't good at all, since it would do big damage anyways. can't understand the second solution :( .
3: i really am an idiot XD , put the mana at the frame before it!
joining the discord right now.
Thanks given by:
You're not an idiot. That's how each of us learnt everything we know know :)