Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Sprites(Ongoing Process)
Hello guys. These are my sprites.Don't expect too much and try not to laugh maybe.I am a beginner.Bear with me maybe?Any suggestions and advices are hugely appreciated.I will update my sprites from time to time if time allows.I did not draw them. I just used and edited the existing characters in LF2.

Here are they :

[Image: IuX6dP.png]

[Image: XODSod.png]

So far I did two.
More to come unfortunately :D
[Image: tumblr_nqep0gOoOZ1skgkqqo1_500.png]
Thanks given by:
Ah, the classic cut & paste of LF2 character body parts :D

I'm not sure if its the image quality, but it seems like your sprites make heavy use of a blurring effect, which is quite strange. It also seems like you directly cut from the original sprite in a straight line instead of using something like a lasso tool.

The colour scheme is pretty good though.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: SkateBandit
Hmm. Can't say much, since it's regular copy paste with two parts put in together. I don't even know why would you blur it like that?

If you want to create real sprites I'd recommend watching tutorial section on this forum (if links are still up, haha). Start by remaking original sprites, then draw your own from their base and finally from scratch.
(06-02-2017, 06:49 AM)Gad Wrote:  Hmm. Can't say much, since it's regular copy paste with two parts put in together. I don't even know why would you blur it like that?

If you want to create real sprites I'd recommend watching tutorial section on this forum (if links are still up, haha). Start by remaking original sprites, then draw your own from their base and finally from scratch.

This is what i am currently struggling at sir.I am having problems to find the right tutorial as the majority of them which i came across with were so complex that i understood almost nothing and doesn't suit with the programs i used(Paint and Photofiltre).Suggestion of tutorials are much appreciated though.Help very much appreciated.

(06-02-2017, 06:35 AM)STM1993 Wrote:  Ah, the classic cut & paste of LF2 character body parts :D

I'm not sure if its the image quality, but it seems like your sprites make heavy use of a blurring effect, which is quite strange. It also seems like you directly cut from the original sprite in a straight line instead of using something like a lasso tool.

The colour scheme is pretty good though.

I did use the lasso tool from Photofiltre program.It helped me big time though:D
Thanks given by:
Try paint.net try to get used to it practice as much as possible learn to draw too

This is the stage I'm currently at
Thanks given by:
I totally agree with you. I also had an extremely hard time with those tutorials. Also, most the image links are down, wich does not help understanding them :s
make sure to check my sprites!
I guarantee your eyes won't hurt! At least, they won't hurt too much :p !
Thanks given by:
Guys i have tried to remake a sprite of Deep.This is the best i could come up with. Bear with me maybe?

[Image: IqJ5Ep.png]

Note : Try not to laugh and stay tuned for more :D
Thanks given by:
Why did you make his legs so small?!

It is way to blury. Try rescaling sprite to 200% or 400% and then resize it back as you are done with it.
This way sprite will remain more sharp and less fuzzy. You will also be able to add more detail.
(06-03-2017, 06:10 AM)Gad Wrote:  Why did you make his legs so small?!

It is way to blury. Try rescaling sprite to 200% or 400% and then resize it back as you are done with it.
This way sprite will remain more sharp and less fuzzy. You will also be able to add more detail.

May i know how to rescale my sprite? I am seriously a noob in these stuff as i am getting started.By the way, the apps i am using are paint and photofiltre.Thanks for your remarks though as you are a pro in these kind of things.Much appreciated. :D
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2017, 09:17 AM)SkateBandit Wrote:  May i know how to rescale my sprite? I am seriously a noob in these stuff as i am getting started.By the way, the apps i am using are paint and photofiltre.

In MS Paint, under the "Home"-tab, there should be a "Resize"-button right next to the larger "Select"-button. Hit the resize-button and do the resize by percentage. Typically, you want to use integer upscaling, i.e. set the resize value for both horizontal and vertical to 200, 300, or 400% (although 200 should be fine in most cases).

When you shrink it down, you can also use the resize-menu. This time, you use values smaller than 100, e.g. 50 (opposite of 200), 33 (opposite of 300), or 25 (opposite of 400).

Been too long since I myself worked with Photofiltre but there was something similar, if I remember correctly. Might want to look for anything titled "resize" or "image size". Don't be afraid to try out each menu-point, there is nothing you can lose and you might learn new shortcuts that way!
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: