Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[HELP] LF2 lots of chars
Hello everyone, this is my first post, I've downloaded lf2.0a few months ago and I loved the game, the many changes you can do, and lots of chars fighting simultaneously. I dont know anything about programming, so I downloaded lots of chars from LFEmpire and I'm trying to add all of them into the game.

Here is the problem, when I start the game into my desktop pc, the game runs ok, but there are two chars that make some shadows on the floor that does not disapear (Kixot and Sara), at least its okay, the game not crashes and the other chars got no messed up or messed attks. When I try to run it on my laptop (sometimes I bring it play into the break time when I'm no home) the game says that cannot creat surface and stop at the file Sara_Col.

I've uploaded the all whole LF2 folder into my 4shared account. I'll let the link bellow in case someone is interested to help me.

Sorry by my bad english, I'm a no native speaker. Thanks.

https://www.4shared.com/rar/oVh1sAlBca/LF2.html
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome!

To your first problem: Usually, if shadows appear and don't disappear, this points towards a wrong id being spawned or a non-existing frame being referred to. In your case, since you have downloaded finished characters that are supposed to work by themselves, I believe the former is the case.

Therefore let me ask you: During the installation of your characters, you had to add a couple of lines to "data.txt", and each of them has a specific id. It is important that every line has a different id number, but it is also important that the id numbers are taken exactly from the character installation instruction. Do you have lines in data.txt with the same id, or did you maybe change the id of some lines? If yes, that might be one cause of your problem.

"Cannot create art surface" usually appears if a spritesheet cannot be located. If you followed the same installation steps as on your desktop PC, then I'm not sure what the problem could be. But let's talk about that later and try to resolve the first problem.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
Thank's for help me, I downloaded lots of chars (about 60), some of them are same ID number for type:0 and others for type:3.

So I found into the forum the data changer program. I changed the number of the ID into the data.txt and then I changed the number of the oid inside the char.dat to the same ID number.

One char I've done this is Clide, hi's ID type:0 is 3 and hi's ID type:3 is 295 (for the attack), so I change the number 295 to 310 into the data.txt and the Clide.dat. (to match both numbers) and it was working ok with other char with same ID before (Volt, the ID type:3 is 295 for the attack).

Since I've done this to lots of chars, I changed Name of some, and changed speed, jump high, the game is running okay into my desktop pc but the shadows still appearing when I use the char Kixot, but only when I use the throw knife attack, and with Sara when she's been hit and fall into the floor. The other chars working okay.
Thanks given by:
I found a old topic, maybe is the same problem as mine, LF2 runs okay into my desktop pc (except for the shadow does not disapearing problem) Windows XP version, but the same LF2 does not run into my laptop Windows 7 version (the loading screen does not finish), 60 chars added.

I removed a few chars and then the LF2 runs okay into my laptop, anyone know why? The windows version make some difference, why?

All I wanted is to add all the chars I found.

http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=10511

Attached Files
.txt   data.txt (Size: 13.49 KB / Downloads: 139)
Thanks given by:
what are the question marks behind gad and steiner's data?
make sure to check my sprites!
I guarantee your eyes won't hurt! At least, they won't hurt too much :p !
Thanks given by:
(05-18-2017, 12:41 PM)the mad maskman Wrote:  what are the question marks behind gad and steiner's data?

I don't know, i simply uploaded the data.txt. into the forum.  Shock  Shock
Thanks given by:
try to delete these question marks. maybe it's the problem. i'm pretty sure that steiner and gad don't have these question marks in my data.txt and it still works normally
Thanks given by:
guys i want to know how many (max) chars in lf2 2.0a?
Thanks given by:
When I open the DATA.TXT, there's no question marks, I really don't know what is that, or why that question marks appear!

Anyway, I removed 08 chars (but I did not deleted them, if you add without got any problems into the game, I just removed them from the data.txt) and added more Backgrounds and the game is working fine now on both computers. Now the game runs with 23 LF2 chars, plus 52 extra creations chars, and the Julian training machine, 9 Backgrounds of LF2 plus 44 Backgrounds created, all the items from the original game plus axe, sword, poison bottle, julian statue, paraoh staff, etc. This is the Max I could add (chars, items and backgrounds) to the game before it start to crash at Loading screen, or crash inside the game.

Like this the game is running very ok. (link to download all whole game is on the first post).

Attached Files
.txt   data.txt (Size: 13.56 KB / Downloads: 165)
Thanks given by:
well, i didn't notice it before now, but that's a nice collection of chars. by any chance, did you visit my quality chars thrad?
Thanks given by: