Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kairu's Spriting Sessions
Sry was supposed to write 'male' but freakin auto correct.

And for not keeping the style: Its not violating the rules. We are anyway dying so all is welcome.
And yes, im being too strict.
Thanks given by:
Really cool sprites so far, waiting to see more!
Pretty much every point of critique has been mentioned already, so I'll skip that part. For single sprites, the level of detail is incredibly high, which might cause you a headache or two if you ever plan on doing some sort of animations or even full sheets. Then again, individual sprites like this are great, too :)

(09-10-2016, 08:49 AM)kairunotabi Wrote:  About styles, though Mono did a bunch of non-LF2 style sprites, no one bats an eye. I plan to do more non-LF2 styled sprites in the future and I hope it wouldn't be considered a violation of a rule or something. IMHO modding a game doesn't mean that you have to follow the game's asset design specifications
Almost 10 years ago, it was considered "good manners" to create characters that abide to LF2-style, so they would kind of seamlessly integrate into the existing set of chars (also caused by the fact that many characters created back then were simply copypaste-products of the original ones). That trend gradually washed out over the years (which, at first, I was not particularly fond of but nowadays prefer over the original chubby style). Nowadays, it's cool to see others creating novel stuff at all :p

Long story short, feel free to explore. As long as it's remotely similar to LF2's proportions, it's cool :)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: kairunotabi
Good to see another pixel-sprite artist. Welcome.
You got skills and understanding about pixel and overall shading and stuff. Have I met you before?

Will be looking forward for more.
Useful
(09-12-2016, 01:55 AM)kairunotabi Wrote:  How's she?

absoluteley adorable! ^-^
great job on this one, ur best so far I'd say :)
Amazing piece of art, but what's up with these legs ? I just can't make sense of them. XD

btw, if you ask me, i would rather you don't follow lf2 style at all.. i feel like having such restriction would unecessarly limit your full potential. I would love to see you expressing yourself as much as possible because you really have some talent there.
Have you thought of drawing something bigger tho?
Ummmmh, legs feel.... strange. I don't know how to explain it, but i think it looks like they are facing each other wich is wierd. except that great sprite
make sure to check my sprites!
I guarantee your eyes won't hurt! At least, they won't hurt too much :p !
Thanks given by:
Interesting color scheme
Useful
Thanks given by:
I actually like capes, scarfs and long hair to be animated. It adds additional move aspect so animation looks more fluent. + cape can cover great part of sprite itself so you don't have to sprite detials etc.
I'd recomend watching/reading a tutorial or two about animating large/long surfaces or hair. I think as soon as you understand how this works you should be playing with that more, shouldn't be that hard.
The pain with these is you sometimes have to add one or few frames more to the animation cycle so the cape doesn't jump from one position to the other.

If you wish to create whole spritesheet for this char i'd recommend lowering the  resolution, you'll work you a** off and in lf it will be simplified pretty much, so I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. Ofc you can do it for urself to show up as a portfolio part or reuse somewhen later.
If it's just for lf though i'd recommend to use lower size.

It's a good practice though.
Thanks given by:
hey give me download link of saitama sprites
:)
Thanks given by: