Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stage: STM's Challenge Stage v1.51
Looking for a new Stage mode that is interesting yet challenging, and not another army vs army fight? Well look no further!

What is this Stage about?
* I wanted to make a new interesting, yet challenging stage mode by modifying ONLY stage.dat.
* This is because I felt the original stage mode relied too much on an army, plus the gameplay felt repetitive and is not generous with milk.
* In the main stage, weaker enemies have more HP now and are more densely packed in a smaller space in greater variety.
* To compensate, the end bosses have much less HP so they don't feel like damage sponges.
* Conversely, allies are way fewer in numbers and have way less HP.
* In survival, all enemies have less HP to speed up the gameplay and make it less tedious.
* Slightly modified etc.bmp & etc_mirror.bmp are provided so that the messages don't look weird when they appear in the stage.
* Included mainoriginal.wma, which is the same as main.wma, because I understand people may not like menu music.

Download here!

Pastebin if you only want to look at the data.

(Video is now outdated)
Stages 1 to 5 playthrough:

Old Version (Click to View)
History:
After some time, I decided to go back and remake my old custom stage. I ended up revamping the stage so much that it pretty much no longer resembles the old one, and fixed any crashing issues that plagued the old stage, so I decided to make a whole new thread instead.

Enjoy!

Edits:
edit 28 jan 2017: Hotfix for 5-3 milks, plus some balance tweaking in 5-7.
edit 29 jan 2017: Fixed 5-7's stage id from 40 to 46.
edit 30 jan 2017: Fixed Survival phase 25,35,55,65 - this bug exists in the original LF2 Survival where id: 3000 is mistyped as "id: 300"(criminal).
edit 3 feb 2017: Survival Justins now have 150hp instead of 200hp for consistency with Battle mode or original LF2. Slight tweaks in stage 3 ratio.
edit 8 apr 2018: Some major balancing changes, added completely new Survival!
edit 16 apr 2018: Fixed some difficulty issues & bugs in stage 4.
edit 22 apr 2018: Adjusted a few difficulty issues in stage 5. v1.3c.

edit 5 may 2018: Further adjustments and ratio revamp. v1.5.
edit 16 nov 2018: Patched 3 typos in Survival, and fixed readme a bit. Zip file is still labelled as v1.5, but contents are v1.51
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Bump because I've given it a huge update.
* Balancing adjustments, especially to Stage 3 & 4. Also adjusted ratios greatly.
* All stages have 6 substages in total (stage 5 has 7 as before).
* Completely new Survival added.

Don't have an up-to-date video playthrough of it, unlikely to have time to make one because I'm busy.
See first post, added a video.
Survival playthrough will come another day.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
I've scripted up an image - a storyboard, if you will - showing everything that spawns. Check it out:
I also generated the storyboard for the stock stage.dat, here.

Script attached in case it's useful to anyone.

Attached Files
.zip   storyboard.zip (Size: 556.94 KB / Downloads: 156)
I get a lot of e-mails that kick off by saying, I"I want to be zort's best bud' but who cares, so do lots of people, you have to more than just want it.
Thanks given by: STM1993