Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RaMafia III - SIGN UPs
Depends how elaborate the game would be -- having more roles with unique actions would make the game slower  and longer in real-time setting and that would be a huge downside because naturally the most difficult task would be to get people together. That just kind of adds more trouble.

If however we are talking about a more classic style of mafia, it could be done quite quick (think up to an hour?) and would be interesting to try. I've always enjoyed playing mafia in real life because of it's quick dynamic and more space to slip up if you're a bad liar and even though playing in Discord would not mean we show the slightlest movements on our faces to everyone it would still give more of this dynamic feel than the mafia hosted on the forums, in which you can carefully pick your words and pre-organise the actions each member of the mafia (for example) is going to do. It becomes more of a strategic game and to emphasise that I think Ramond has done a good job of expanding the roles to bring even more tactical play into it.

Another alternative could be a hybrid kind of setting: each day would have a separate session on Discord that would be organised beforehand (it could be like every other day evening, or more specific dates to suit everyone) and the night actions would be done in between these sessions. I'm not too sure about this myself, but just throwing it here as an alternative. Haven't really thought much about upsides or downsides of this though.

Edit: I mean if anything I think it is worth a try. However I would suggest using the classic mafia rules without too many action-intensive roles.
Thanks given by:
I just want to clarify I'm not the one who came up with the system of everyone having unique roles in RaMafia I. On a certain forum I've been on, there were Mafia (Werewolf) games as well and it evolved into RaMafia style after quite a while and nowadays all its games are flavored with a unique setting (could be anything, from Harry Potter over Fallout to One Piece up to politics of the last century, also Team Fortress 2). That's when I considered testing this variant on LFE, which then became RaMafia.

Also for another clarification, RaMafia III isn't going to be a standard Mafia game. We can play separate classic Mafia games on Discord no problem, but for RaMafia III I'd rather stick to the forums due to its more complex nature.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
That is fair enough and what I'd agree with
Thanks given by:
i am in regardless of game type there will be :p
Thanks given by:
empirefantasy you're late by a few hours we just had 2 discord sessions!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, we had two discord sessions ,where I manage to die the first night TWICE with a special role....want to know something more? http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=10275 , check the last two archived Mafia Rounds and laugh at my irony.
Went pretty good though, and also quite fast. Mafia in Real-Time is pretty harsh as players would get a hard time lying.
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
Ok but I'd like future posts now not to regard Discord Mafia as that's a different topic entirely and thus off-topic.
Thanks given by:
Anyway I am still in whenever this starts.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[Image: 11twnjn.png]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I need a spriter to help in my All Stars Project.. So if anyone interested, please contact me.
Thanks given by:
I'm in, pls remind me in irc when it starts lol or pm me
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just for future reference and since the RaMafia epilogue is finally out, I will officially start listing the sign-up now - no guarantee that it's ever going to happen, but still!

Thanks given by: