Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Studying online
(10-29-2016, 09:52 AM)Marko Wrote:  so basically trying to learn everything about these three subjects because i will need eventually everything

lol

No you don't. You definitely don't. I just came back from a conference and the stuff that (supposedly) Professors and PhD's are presenting is mostly something to laugh at or something to cry at. Also, things get so specific at some point that you can shut off 99% of what you covered at Uni.

But really, the point of studying physics and/or other scientific subjects is not really to learn everything there is about them (spoiler: you can't do that in your life anyways) but rather attain the mindset of those working in the field. Seems strange at first but after around 3 years (give or take a few), you'll notice that you reach a state where you start to recognize the correlations between subjects rather than bluntly trying to memorize elements. For example, I don't remember the basic equations of mechanics, so I'd derive them myself :p

Whilst I do admire your ambition to learn, just be sure that you don't let that spirit die so easily. What you listed is quite a program ahead of you ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Som1Lse , MangaD , A-Man
I wasn't clear enough, i meant "basics" of these three subjects and by basic i mean everything that i will eventually come across in my lectures and that i will need to know. I have never had attention of learning everything of everything.

I am aware that at one point i will have to choose specific field to specialize in it, but still not there.. I still don't know what i will choose.
As i said before, i choosed chemistry course so it will be definitely something about chem.

well, thanks for all advices guys. i shall get busy now cuze there are already few things i fall behind. :)
Thanks given by: