Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Studying online
Does anyone know some good site from which i could learn online for free other than Khan Academy (because i already know for that one)?
I would also be really grateful if anyone shared their good/bad experience on online learning, some piece of a advice maybe.

Thank you.
Thanks given by:
Most of what I learn nowadays comes from the internet. I wouldn't recommend any specific website, because you shouldn't look at a coin from one side only. It also depends on what you are looking for. If you have no definite objective, then I guess websites like Khan Academy can give you an overview on possible fields of study. Once you settle for one, the best you can do is google and ask advice from more experienced people (IRC, forums, fb groups...).
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by:
At one point, I didn't think I'd be able to continue with higher studies. I was considering to try pulling it off on my own with online resources, and I wondered too how that would compare to formal education in a university or an institute.

The internet is a fantastic resource, that one finds himself resorting to it all the time even while undergoing formal education. Khan academy is wonderful, but doesn't cover much over high school level of subjects (still great to brush up on your basics). I imagine that's because things are much more diverse, and its not a single linear stream of topics to follow as with high school. There are other resources like wikipedia and youtube, but the biggest hurdle in using resources like these is in finding a correct order of tackling the different topics. Anything can be very difficult if you lack in understanding a base prerequisite behind it, and it's not always clear when you're lacking that. Also, it happens that one sometimes fails to measure how much time and how they need to spend - and how familiar they need to be - with a topic before moving on. Another obvious problem with the internet is the amount of distractions contained within.

A lot of the above problems can be solved by sequentially reading an ebook on the topics you want to tackle, or watching a series of online lectures provided by some universities' websites on a related course.

A disadvantage of going online is that you usually can't ask questions or hear some other people's insightful questions. For that, stick to a Q&A site: http://stackexchange.com/sites#

Maybe somebody would be able to give you advice if you say more about what you'd like to study and what for. (I remember you once said you like physics, but is a career in physics still what you're after?)
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: MangaD
There are many websites and even apps regarding online studies.........

If you want I can name some of the best apps and and websites for online studies
LIFE DEDICATED TO LF2

Thanks given by:
Studying online can be painstaking and hectic. If you want to learn about particular topic you got to refer to a lot of websites. Also many of the good stuff are not available for free. If you want to learn completely about something, I would suggest you read books in that topic.

To me , I use the internet for reference and clearing my doubts then and there. Most of the materials are available but they are all scattered you know..
a.k.a firzenx or X.
Deviantart| Arts |sprites|FaceBook
Thanks given by:
A-Man Wrote:Maybe somebody would be able to give you advice if you say more about what you'd like to study and what for. (I remember you once said you like physics, but is a career in physics still what you're after?)

Well, i personally like pyhsics the most (which turns out to be the hardest subject in my college), but i enrolled in chemistry course. I am also obliged to know other science courses (physics and math for now).

so yeah, basically everything about science.

the lf2 fan Wrote:If you want I can name some of the best apps and and websites for online studies

Sure.

+ Just to let you know i am not just starting to study over the internet, i've being doing it for years, the reason i decided to post this now is because it gets tricky now, college is not high school anymore and there are a plenty of false informations and not many of them are able to do the thing for me over the internet. For example, crash course phyiscs are more for fun than for actual studying.. I would like to avoid sites like that.
Khan academy does the trick for me so far.
Thanks given by:
Ok ok. I'm not really understanding, what are you willing to learn? General stuff? Do you wanna get a certificate or smthn? Or you do it just for yourself?
Thanks given by:
Massachusetts and Harvard have online resources to learn stuff for free. You could give it a go.

A few courses also give you exercies to do for each lesson.
If at first you don't succeed, you're probably not going skydiving again.
Thanks given by: Marko
First year of college, trying to finish college.

Subjects i have so far are: math (functions, differential and integral calculus), physics, chemistry (general + stoichiometry)
so basically trying to learn everything about these three subjects because i will need eventually everything
Thanks given by:
You won't need everything, and you probably can't learn everything about any single one of them, let alone the three. For now, there might be a few things in common between the paths of the three different subjects, but you'll eventually have to specialize.

I think the most important one of the three is getting a solid background with maths. The topics you're taking in your maths course are fine, but in my opinion, they aren't things you should care about for now as they really can easily be picked up, even by yourself, later. Try looking into more real mathematics courses.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: