Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juggling
I've done this before but I totally forgot how [or what] I did in order for this to work.

I'm a huge Tekken fan and I like the idea of being able to keep up a string of attacks while the opponent is still in the air [falling].

My query: Is it possible to still attack an opponent in the air while falling to the ground using basic attacks like punches or super punches?
Escape is a two-syllable word that grants temporary peace in the present to a future victim.
Thanks given by:
The deciding factor whether an itr: attack will hit a falling opponent is its fall value. An attack with a fall: 60 or greater will hit falling opponents. The problem is, using such a fall in a punch will bring a standing opponent into Dance of Pain immediately.

So what you ask is possible, but you also need to consider what it means gameplaywise. The character would need to be fast enough to catch up with the falling opponent after each hit, and that is hard to do if the opponent isn't launched upwards terribly high.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
More accurately whether an itr has greater than fall 40 (41-60 is DOP, >60 is instant fall).

There is a way around this if you use a weapon. If you look carefully at the weapon data, weapons like scythe have fall 70 in their weaponstrength and should be able to knock someone down instantly, but the actual itr in the on_hand frames have fall 20.

Set the on_hand frame's fall to 70 and then make the weapon_strength use fall 20 instead, and there you go. The downside is that you'd either have to opoint something that opoints & then holds the weapon to attack(which is incredibly slow)... or you have to make every character always be holding a weapon (which has a lot of other issues on its own)
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
(09-24-2016, 04:49 PM)Ramond Wrote:  The deciding factor whether an itr: attack will hit a falling opponent is its fall value. An attack with a fall: 60 or greater will hit falling opponents. The problem is, using such a fall in a punch will bring a standing opponent into Dance of Pain immediately.

So what you ask is possible, but you also need to consider what it means gameplaywise. The character would need to be fast enough to catch up with the falling opponent after each hit, and that is hard to do if the opponent isn't launched upwards terribly high.

Yeah that is why I will only modify certain attacks or clone them so that way they don't affect the basic combinations or ruin the basic string combos.

The other half of this is that I understand that I may need to modify the area of effect on certain attacks so that way I can actually hit the falling opponents.
Escape is a two-syllable word that grants temporary peace in the present to a future victim.
Thanks given by:
Well you can duplicate every itr:, so there is the original one, and the fall: 70 one, the latter one being at a large y: offset, and then add an extra bdy: to the falling frames of all characters at that specific y: offset. That of course requires modifying all characters.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
Only problem with using the hidden bdy method is that the hitspark from punching would be invisible because it'd spawn at where the hidden bdy is, so you'd probably have to opoint your own hitspark as well to compensate.

Alternatively, you could try having two itrs with the same coordinates, but put the one with fall 20 as the 1st one (LF2 prioritizes the 1st itr in the frame whenever possible if two itrs overlap - this is the basis of YinYin's Clyde critical hit), but I'm not confident this method would be bug-free.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
Here is an exe where everything can juggle. Thank Zort as he figured it out, I just made the exe.

Attached Files
.zip   lf2 juggling.zip (Size: 1.2 MB / Downloads: 93)
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: STM1993
(09-25-2016, 06:17 PM)Lord Silva Wrote:  Here is an exe where everything can juggle. Thank Zort as he figured it out, I just made the exe.

That exe doesnt work for me. I looked up the area of effect tut but its kinda difficult for me to understand. Because i suck at math. I understand the itr aspect but matching the coordinates is another beast in itself for me. Because I wanna make sure the starting point corresponds with the actual area the attack should connect with the falling opponent.
Thanks given by:
itr coordinates are ez pz if you use a visual data changer like vDC by YinYin
Thanks given by:
(09-25-2016, 11:11 PM)Zabobula Wrote:  
(09-25-2016, 06:17 PM)Lord Silva Wrote:  Here is an exe where everything can juggle. Thank Zort as he figured it out, I just made the exe.

That exe doesnt work for me. I looked up the area of effect tut but its kinda difficult for me to understand. Because i suck at math. I understand the itr aspect but matching the coordinates is another beast in itself for me. Because I wanna make sure the starting point corresponds with the actual area the attack should connect with the falling opponent.

I tested it by juggling someone against a wall then punching them as they fell down (davis super punch, then normal punch). It definitely works...
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: