Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kairu's Spriting Sessions
About the legs, typical anime girl stance
[Image: gQGX6vm.jpg]

It may be confusing to look at due to the color and shading of her boots (which extends up to her thigh). I originally drew her legs straight-ish but the skirt would look as if it was floating so I skewed the legs, I probably put too much whitespace between her legs. No worries, it's an easy fix.

(09-12-2016, 02:27 AM)Marko Wrote:  Have you thought of drawing something bigger tho?

Yes! I honestly feel that LF2's 79x79 frame size is too small than what I'm used to, I'll definitely do bigger sprites soon.
Thanks given by:
Interesting color scheme
[Image: eAyH2YZ.png]
Thanks given by:
I decided to turn Fara into a playable character (and possibly release it).

Here's a sample rough animation:
[Image: DsW4bm2.gif]

The most painful part of making the sheet? Animating the cape.
Thanks given by: Marko , Arcane , Bamboori , JoHo15 , the mad maskman
I actually like capes, scarfs and long hair to be animated. It adds additional move aspect so animation looks more fluent. + cape can cover great part of sprite itself so you don't have to sprite detials etc.
I'd recomend watching/reading a tutorial or two about animating large/long surfaces or hair. I think as soon as you understand how this works you should be playing with that more, shouldn't be that hard.
The pain with these is you sometimes have to add one or few frames more to the animation cycle so the cape doesn't jump from one position to the other.

If you wish to create whole spritesheet for this char i'd recommend lowering the  resolution, you'll work you a** off and in lf it will be simplified pretty much, so I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. Ofc you can do it for urself to show up as a portfolio part or reuse somewhen later.
If it's just for lf though i'd recommend to use lower size.

It's a good practice though.

[Image: NsiNMB9.png]

Help me and test my new game basis!

Thanks given by:
hey give me download link of saitama sprites
:)
Thanks given by: