Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help, my colors are really messed up
:[ 
I just started trying to edit sprites yesterday, and all the colors look perfect but when i use colors on a templates sprite the colors will get pretty messed up heres an example :/

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n12/c...colors.jpg'

these are the normal colors

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n12/c...colors.png

these are what the colors look like when i try to use them on template's sprite sheet.
can anyone tell me how to fix this?
Thanks given by:
In Paint, under File -> Save As, set the format to 24-bit bitmap, then replace the original file.
FOLLOW THE RULES!

LFE Forum Rules (Click to View)
Grand Fonic Hymn - Orchestral Arrangement. Arranged by me. I promise it's not horribad.
Thanks given by:
alright thanks alot :)
Thanks given by:
you can also use some program like photofiltre or gimp, or whatever
Thanks given by:
I believe, any sprite in lf2 is saved as an 8-bit bmp in order to save space. 8-bit = 256 colors. With the example of Template, there are a lot of gray shadings already used as colors, not very many are left.
Paint has this annoying property that it can't automatically convert to 24-bit colors (which is the usual standard), so it just uses the colors already set in the image. Saving over the original image as a 24-bit bmp solves the problem as well as like you'd do in Photoshop: Image>Mode>RGB Color ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
ahh thank you very much :)

i have another question now though :/ not really about spriting but im not sure if i should make a new topic or not though
can someone tell me how i would get my template to throw weapons like rudolph's, ive tried a couple things but i cant figure out how to do it he just keeps punching the only way ive been able to kinda make him throw things was by making a blast be his attack but i the sprites on the blast wouldnt change into the picture that i wanted :/

i looked at the post about how to do this and i tried what it said but i couldnt get it to work
Thanks given by:
easiest way: copy the opoint from Rudolph's punching frames into Template's punching frames. ;)

btw, please make a new thread the next time, since DCing questions don't belong into the sprites forum ;)

~locked
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: