Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shraud's Sprites
So i decided i was going to create my own character yet i have no experience in pixel artwork but i do have some gfx knowledge with photoshop. After reading some helpful spriting tutorials from professional spriters, I made my first ever sprite.

It's a ninja design from this ninja design picture

currently working his spritesheet using dennis's template,but having a problem making some transparent effects.

as you can see from the WIP spritesheet, i made some "wind" effects during his punching and blurred the wind completely but the whole move still is stroked outline black during in game. is there any way to make it half transparent? if it can't then no problem i'll just remove it xD. still needs alot of work tho.

I just made a Grimmjow sprite from the anime series "Bleach", i find it kinda weird, probably head too big since i took it from template xD. do comment any tips and improvements that i can work on :p

Thanks given by:
As far as I know its not possible to make sprites in LF2 use transparency, the best most people do is to just put lots of black dots every alternate pixel.

I suggest leaving the smoke effect out of the character sprite. If you insist on having it, put it as a separate sprite file; can always make the character spawn the smoke separately via data opoint.

edit: You can leave some of the wind effect on the defend frames since spawning doesn't work well on the defend frames, just take out the ones for punching.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: Shraud
Nice sprites so far, really liking it! You might want to check out this thread for transparency.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Shraud
(07-31-2016, 07:24 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  As far as I know its not possible to make sprites in LF2 use transparency, the best most people do is to just put lots of black dots every alternate pixel.

I suggest leaving the smoke effect out of the character sprite. If you insist on having it, put it as a separate sprite file; can always make the character spawn the smoke separately via data opoint.

edit: You can leave some of the wind effect on the defend frames since spawning doesn't work well on the defend frames, just take out the ones for punching.

Ahh ic, ok thanks for the advice. I was thinking about that too actually, making the character fight with particles around his shoulder is kinda weird :p well let me see what can i do to fix it. Thanks! :D

(07-31-2016, 07:39 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Nice sprites so far, really liking it! You might want to check out this thread for transparency.

Hey thanks! I might just try this trick and see how it goes :D btw thanks on your very in depth tutorial about the shading and highlights, that just made my sprite better than usual xD. I still need alot of work to make it as good as other spriters sprites tho. :D
Thanks given by: