Poll: Will you participate in a LF2 Tournament?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, count me in! :D
90.48%
19 90.48%
Maybe, there's this and that, blabla... Ninja
9.52%
2 9.52%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Sign-ups] LF2 Tournament!
Not saying this as an argument, but I see a lot of big competitive communities doing that to their games (e.g: smash bros). There's no wrong in fans fixing design problems with a game to make it more enjoyable. Making sure everyone has the same set of data is as simple as distributing it as a "tournament version" required by players. I don't think custom data differs at all from original in network play as far as the engine is concerned since all .dat files for objects get re-parsed during the loading stage. The only real issue would be having everyone agree to the changes.

p.s: I thought this would be an official contest with awards and stuff =(. I hope the AI one will at least be.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
@A-man: Let LF2 stay as is please. Balance will never be 100% perfect no matter what you do. It's better to just go with something simple than complicating things and delay the tournament until no one wants to play anymore.

(07-26-2016, 05:22 PM)A-Man Wrote:  p.s: I thought this would be an official contest with awards and stuff =(. I hope the AI one will at least be.

A new thread will be created at the Contests sub-forum once the tournament starts. :D
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by:
One thing to consider is that the tournament won't be best of 1 right? So just forbid players from picking the same character twice. That way each player gets to choose when to play Davis and you don't have to ban moves.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: mfc , MangaD
Removed rule: Rudolf cloning (D V J) is prohibited.
4 people at IRC have decided against this rule.

(Edited) Added rule: For each match, you must pick a different character! It is expected of you to settle with your opponent who picks first (if you do not choose Random). The first match will be Random. The second match, the winner picks first and the loser gets to counter pick. And so on.
Because people have different opinions on balance. This way limiting moves isn't such a big deal.
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by:
(07-26-2016, 05:22 PM)A-Man Wrote:  Not saying this as an argument, but I see a lot of big competitive communities doing that to their games (e.g: smash bros). There's no wrong in fans fixing design problems with a game to make it more enjoyable. Making sure everyone has the same set of data is as simple as distributing it as a "tournament version" required by players. I don't think custom data differs at all from original in network play as far as the engine is concerned since all .dat files for objects get re-parsed during the loading stage. The only real issue would be having everyone agree to the changes.

p.s: I thought this would be an official contest with awards and stuff =(. I hope the AI one will at least be.

That's basically what I wanted to suggest as well. It would help neutralise every rule that you need to set up to complicate the game. Distributing is easy and the balance itself can be discussed and even tools like voting can be used to determine which things need changing. Not too hard when you think about it.
No game is perfectly balanced, that's why so many big game companies regularly release patch notes. It's not too hard to implement it here as well. The DCing part would be so easy to do, too.

But what do I know, I'm not even participating here :D
Thanks given by: A-Man
man, i kinda feel like reviving the custom template tournament now :D
lets see if theres enough demand after this one is over (plus the AI one if itll take place)
Thanks given by:
I want play too :)
Thanks given by:
As098
POlSKA
As the world cup is not without me
Thanks given by:
(07-29-2016, 02:00 PM)As098 Wrote:  As098
POlSKA
As the world cup is not without me

Oh noes! The Polish warriors are invading!!

Also, can you make a post in lf2.pl to invite them too?
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I invite today them. I think that more players for Poland join to tournament.

I would like to show you yet rules LF2 on which game Polish scene. Here they are:

2.2. Limitations attacks on the fight:
- Woody: 2 times Tiger Dash (D> J);
- Davis 2 times Dragon Punch (D ^ A);
- Dennis 3 times Chasing Blast (D ^ A), Whirlwind Kick (D> J) while holding the opponent is prohibited;
- John 3 Heal (DVJ or D ^ J);
- LouisEX 2 times in a row, Phoenix Palm (D> A);
- Rudolf: 1 time cloning (DVJ), 1 once disappearance (D ^ J), the transformation of an opponent is forbidden;
- Henry: 1 time full sonata (D ^ J) OR 2 times sonata maximum height.
2.3. DoP (dance of pain, that attack, which takes more than an opponent [250] points of life (half), while not allowing for interlocking or being virtually locked), is prohibited.
2.4. Extending state of bewilderment ( "pitching up") with an opponent more than two punches (fists, balls, etc.) is prohibited.
2.5. Drinking milk and beer is prohibited.
2.6. Using codes it is prohibited.
2.7. Notorious repeat behaviors such as:
- Running away from the enemy;
- Avoiding contact with an opponent (eg. The exclusive lifting and throwing things);
- Carrying out attacks that prevent the approach of the enemy (eg. Blocking shields);
- Overuse of one type of special attack in small intervals (eg. Spam beads);
It is prohibited.

I think it is worth considering whether some of them would not want to make.
Thanks given by: mfc