Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mod: Asches LF2 Mod v1.13 (Last update: 12/09/2016)
Introduction
Hi and welcome to the first release of my very own LF2 modification.
This mod will feature new custom stages (1/5), characters, and magical items with various effects.
Currently, there are 13 new items and 7 new characters!
Check out my development blog for the latest updates: http://ascheleee.weebly.com/asches-lf2-mod

Description

Custom Items (Click to View)

7 new custom characters have been added!
Note: Currently, some characters do not have fully functional AI.

Asche
A pyromancer who can manipulate life force and use other characters as a conduit for his spells.

Moeyy
An illusionist and master strategist who uses various tricks and traps to confuse enemies.
The idea for this character was contributed by MoeyyAS. (github.com/moeyyas)

Janice
A healer and cryomancer who excels in supporting her team.

Markus
A brawler who excels in close-range combat.
He can use powerful skills once he has grabbed his opponents.

Bart
A bard who plays various songs to help his allies or harm his enemies.

Richie
An artificer who creates his own unique magical items.
His skills vary depending on his equipped item.

Luce
A battlemage who wields the power of light, and excels in fast attacks and combos.

Improved visual effects

Existing Characters (Click to View)

Added new skills to classic characters (5/10)

Revamped Stages

Each stage will be revamped to provide a unique experience. Currently Stage 1 and 2 have been revamped.

Stage 1: Boss with changing attack patterns
Stage 2: Battle mode! Amass an army to beat the enemies' army!
Stage 3: Boss whose attacks get upgraded each time you beat him.

Download

Version 1, Revision 13 (12/09/2016)

Plans for future development:

- Create more characters to have a variety of archetypes and playstyles not available in the original Little Fighter 2.
- Revamp stage mode to include various unique hazards. (3/5)

I like the Idea of the orbs and items, looks really neat and well presented.
However, the characters could use some separate sprites, the plain old edits don't seem to match the idea of a new 'character'. :s There are already plenty of colour variations of the characters present out there which seem all the same to me, so there should be something that makes them stand out from the others. Or are they still work in progress? Good luck!
Ps: You forgot to upload the gifs of the third character?
Thanks given by:
Don't have to include the whole LF2 folder if its just 3 characters, 6 items & bitmap edits to lf2.exe with no other modifications...

Looks like a pretty fun mod emphasizing gimmicky but not overpowered spells as opposed to combos.

Seeing as this is an ongoing development, some tips on the data side:
* The weapons don't immediately delete themselves and summon balls when thrown, so if you throw them at point-blank you'll get the weapon back.
* The boomerang cannot be thrown unless you run or jump. This is because holding >A to throw is hardcoded to knife or boomerang's id. Consider changing the type in data.txt to the same type as baseball.
* The orbs still use baseball sound when they land on the floor.
* A lot of the balls & clones appear too low on the floor. Use a smaller(or negative) y-value when opointing them.
* You can hide Asche's teleport attacks' shadows by using firzen_ball or bat_ball's id as the teleporting ball.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: AscheLeee
Thanks everyone for the feedback and comments! Will update shortly...

(07-23-2016, 07:55 PM)Hellblazer Wrote:  I like the Idea of the orbs and items, looks really neat and well presented.
However, the characters could use some separate sprites, the plain old edits don't seem to match the idea of a new 'character'. :s There are already plenty of colour variations of the characters present out there which seem all the same to me, so there should be something that makes them stand out from the others. Or are they still work in progress? Good luck!
Ps: You forgot to upload the gifs of the third character?

Unfortunately I'm bad at spriting :( But I'll definitely try to make something that makes the characters stand out from the others.
I didn't upload the gifs of the third character because I didn't think people would be interested it her; she's basically an upgraded Jan with attacks taken from other characters. I made her just to have a 'healer' type playable character...

(07-23-2016, 11:31 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  Don't have to include the whole LF2 folder if its just 3 characters, 6 items & bitmap edits to lf2.exe with no other modifications...

Looks like a pretty fun mod emphasizing gimmicky but not overpowered spells as opposed to combos.

Seeing as this is an ongoing development, some tips on the data side:
* The weapons don't immediately delete themselves and summon balls when thrown, so if you throw them at point-blank you'll get the weapon back.
* The boomerang cannot be thrown unless you run or jump. This is because holding >A to throw is hardcoded to knife or boomerang's id. Consider changing the type in data.txt to the same type as baseball.
* The orbs still use baseball sound when they land on the floor.
* A lot of the balls & clones appear too low on the floor. Use a smaller(or negative) y-value when opointing them.
* You can hide Asche's teleport attacks' shadows by using firzen_ball or bat_ball's id as the teleporting ball.

Thanks for the tips! I'll try fixing it.
Thanks given by:
So... I created what is probably my best character to date. Yay?

New character: Richie!
An artificer who creates his own unique magical items.
His skills vary depending on his equipped item.

Thanks given by: Jahvansi , A-Man , mfc , STM1993 , Bamboori
Nice!
In addition to giving your attacks different trajectories, try to make them vary better in the direction of their impacts (the itrs' dvx and dvy tags).
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

(07-30-2016, 11:45 AM)A-Man Wrote:  Nice!
In addition to giving your attacks different trajectories, try to make them vary better in the direction of their impacts (the itrs' dvx and dvy tags).

Thanks for the suggestion. Currently, I have updated the effects of the items when thrown.

Updated quite a few other stuff too....

Introduction of Traits, and character updates!

Traits have been added to several characters. These traits may offer benefits or demerits to the character.

Traits and Changes (Click to View)

AI Updated:

A beta AI has been added for some characters!
This is a work in progress, and will be gradually updated.

AI Details (Click to View)

Others:

Included Multiserver by ayalx.
(http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=10277)
Added the method to allow loading multiple dlls by Someone else.
(http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=9238)

Off topic but I wonder if I should include individual items and characters as separate downloads? :x
Thanks given by:
Liking the music & sound effects, though some of the sounds last too long or are too delayed for the effect they're supposed to be. Didn't test the AI yet.

Characters:
Asche - "Defenseless" isn't much of a disadvantage actually. Try and see if you could make his defend not not gain momentum from a blocked attack and making his broken_defend last a bit longer.
Moeyy - wah piang, frail body is really painful; 7tu->9tu (which is actually +28.5% longer, not 40%; wait 1 is actually 2tu, wait 0 is 1tu). DOP duration 28->36tu(+28.5%)... that's actually not a good idea, it makes it even easier for your opponent to lock you in DOP infinitely. I suggest only making the injury last longer, the DOP is already painful enough as it is.
Markus - actual value is -29% injury & DOP as explained above.
Bart - I can cancel all his flute moves once the effect take place to shorten the recovery time.

Richie
* You shouldn't have increased the wait time on frame 61 & 66, it makes him hit the same person 2 times in a row. Also not really much of a disadvantage considering you'd primarily be using >>JA assuming you aren't using a weapon anyway.
* Using DJA with spirit sword makes the game crash, I've no idea why. Maybe to be safe make frame 102 use state 9998 and take out the "dvx" in frame 100's opoint.

Fire Meteor - Dayum, I think you're overdoing the burning_smoke effects during the on_ground frames. Give it a wait value bigger than 0. Might also want to make the frames where it is falling create some burning_smoke; either using state 18(not sure if it'd create problems in this case) or by using the opointed groundfire to make it.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
(08-04-2016, 11:52 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  

Many thanks for taking the time to write such long feedback despite my mod being kinda bad! I really appreciate it!

I added dvx to spirit sword's frame 100 opoint because when I added the AI, it started crashing the game, so I referred to Julian's D>J which had a dvx and didn't crash the game, and it worked for me... I have no idea what's wrong x:

Maybe I should just make my own projectile...
Thanks given by:
Made quite a few changes...

Stage 1 Revamp!

Stage 1 has been revamped.

Look out for healing geysers! Seize control of these key points and get an advantage over your enemies!

Beware of Meteors falling from the sky...

Stage bosses will now change attack patterns as you deplete their HP.
Quantity and/or speed of projectiles increase as difficulty increases.
Defeat the boss multiple times until they run out of moves to win.
(Similar to Touhou Project's Spellcard system)

Video - Stage 1 Midboss (Normal) (Click to View)

Character Changes (Click to View)

Others:

The amount of smoke from Meteor has been reduced.

Fixed bug where orbs (still) sound like baseballs when knocked around while on the ground.
Thanks given by: