Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two questions!
? 
Hi everyone, sorry if this thread has been already posted before, but i search about and didn't find nothing.

1- So, actually i'm working on a lf2 2.0-mod and i have found some characters in the download section that could fit perfectly to the concept! Can i use them for the mod? And if i get money with the mod(i dunno how hahahaha, just asking for future plans), how much i'll have to pay for the main characters owners and lf2 original owners?
*For sure that i will give credit to the originals authors from everything(i really don't want to steal people stuff, that would be stupid and unfair), i'll just cnange some data stuff that i want (or not).

2- If i wanna make the mod with a online server(not sure about that yet, just asking for possible future plans too), how does it works?

I've been a lf2 fan since 2004, love this game and all had be done on mod's and data/sprite changes stuff. For some reason i never looked at this forum before, so after sometime without play the game or use data changer, i decide to put out the concept of the mod that i had on my mind since long time ago! And alot of my questions about DC have been answered looking on this site forum! A huge thanks to everyone! Cheers from Brazil! :) :)
Thanks given by:
Hi and welcome to the forum!

about 1: the best way would be to try contacting the original creators of those chars. problem here is that some of them might not be active anymore (almost noone is active atm, but some are still lurking around in the dark). Also there is mostly always a readme with every download. Look for the credits section in there :)

Gl on your mod!
Thanks given by:
Thank you buddy!
Thanks given by:
Hi, welcome to LFE! :)

(07-01-2016, 09:15 AM)rokdrill Wrote:  And if i get money with the mod(i dunno how hahahaha, just asking for future plans), how much i'll have to pay for the main characters owners and lf2 original owners?
Making profit off of LF2 might be difficult. Not that your potential target group (people that want to play something Little Fightery + willing to spend money) might be fairly slim, you'll actually have some juristical obstacles as well. Let me quote from the EULA of LF2v2.0a:

Quote:3. Restrictions

You agree not to modify, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Software. You are not allowed to sell, re-sell, rent or lease the Software, any portions of it or its license or any portions of a license without written permission from the Author. You are not allowed to remove any product identification, copyright, proprietary notices or labels from the Software.
Now, here comes the crux: the Author is Marti Wong; he, however, has sold the rights of LF2 to U1 Technology, a game-company that is most notably known for the release of Little Fighter Online. Don't even attempt to look it up, the official LFO-website has been taken over by some crackpots that now tell you that you won iPhones galore. In short: the licence and usage conditions have gotten way too complex for anyone to keep track of. I strongly recommend you to not sell anything, then you should be fine.

(07-01-2016, 09:15 AM)rokdrill Wrote:  2- If i wanna make the mod with a online server(not sure about that yet, just asking for possible future plans too), how does it works?
That solely depends on what that server is supposed to be capable of! What have you planned that you would need it in first place? ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
Thanks for reply! Yea, i was thinking about the money part and it is really complex for law issues. Looks impossible for many reasons! You're right. Btw, i wanna make a online thing just for fun. When i finish everything that i want to change, i wanna make it capable of being playable online. 1vs1, 2v2, those kinda of fights! How it can be done? Too complex too? x) Maybe if it is that hard i'll just finish the mod and let people download it to play. ( And i'll play my own game too hahaha why not)
Thanks given by: