Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mirror sprites messed up
Hi everyone

It's been a long time that i touched LF2 again and now i'm facing this issue with some chars. Can anyone please help me to fix this?
[Image: LpCEYtV.png?1]
I'm using windows 10 on a dell inspiron.
Thanks a lot!
Thanks given by:
A lot of downloaded characters do not include _mirror.bmp sprite files, so you'll have to add them manually.

Simply open a sprite with MS paint, Ctrl+A (select all), right click -> flip horizontal image, save as "sprite_0_mirror.bmp" (just add _mirror to the name).

Or if you have a lot of sprites you need to mirror, you can get a sprite mirrorer, I personally use A-Man's from this thread.

Also note that this _mirror fix only works with the latest LF2 version 2.0a. If you are playing old mods that use a 1.9 exe, you'll have to run the mod with a 2.0a exe file instead of the modded exe provided (just copy the lf2.exe file from 2.0a into the mod LF2).

This happens because some newer graphics cards can't handle flipping images horizontally or something, and this was fixed in 2.0a by way of mirror sprites.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: A-Man , Jester
Actually I did the manual mirroring with paint the whole time with my old laptop. But the sprites got badly recolored with my new one. I have no idea why.
But the mirrorer worked for me. Now I can enjoy the game again! Thanks STM and A-man!
Thanks given by:
(05-27-2016, 04:54 AM)Jester Wrote:  Actually I did the manual mirroring with paint the whole time with my old laptop. But the sprites got badly recolored with my new one. I have no idea why.
But the mirrorer worked for me. Now I can enjoy the game again! Thanks STM and A-man!
You're welcome.

The bad recolour... my guess is that the file was saved with a different bit (monochrome, 16 color, 256 color, 24-bit), usually its 24-bit.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: Jester
(05-28-2016, 05:11 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  You're welcome.

The bad recolour... my guess is that the file was saved with a different bit (monochrome, 16 color, 256 color, 24-bit), usually its 24-bit.

Oh this is actually helpful. I will try figure it out. Much thanks xD
Thanks given by: