Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Separate "Post Edited By a Mod" Notifications from the PM System
These things are becoming more and more of spam to me.
[Image: OAOK5wK.png]
Hopefully, I don't have a PM inside the bunch from an actual member here.
I understand it's supposed to be a notification for important content from a mod which one might otherwise miss, but this can also make one miss a PM which arrived moments before the notification when the first thing they do is hide the disturbing notification element.

Perhaps, something can be done to separate these notifications from actual PMs?
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
You might want to check your PMs, yo :p

No, but really, reading a "System: Your Post was edited by a moderator"-PM will give you a direct link to the post in question anyways, so I don't see a reason why to not check them. After all, as you said, "it's supposed to be a notification for important content from a mod" (looking at some modnotices, this is debateable but still), and pushing these notifications into a separate area might actually make it easier to miss them.

Of course, I could separate modnotice-PMs and normal PMs but that is quite some ugly work and will probably cost a full day to get it working properly which I cannot afford at this point. Plus, I don't think it's worth the time spent.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Som1Lse , Gespenst , LutiChris , MangaD , STM1993
(03-18-2016, 03:10 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  You might want to check your PMs, yo :p
Ah, I didn't mean to say I am not checking my PMs because of these, but I meant instead that they're all that I see bold (unread) every time I skim over my inbox which is quite annoying.

Quote:No, but really, reading a "System: Your Post was edited by a moderator"-PM will give you a direct link to the post in question anyways, so I don't see a reason why to not check them.
Because most of the time I'm going to navigate to that thread anyway and often know where exactly I'm to find the edit.

Quote: After all, as you said, "it's supposed to be a notification for important content from a mod" (looking at some modnotices, this is debateable but still),
Ah yes. It does disturb me sometimes to find that the content of the edit has nothing to do with moderation but text which really could've fitted into a relevant post of decent length.

Quote:Of course, I could separate modnotice-PMs and normal PMs but that is quite some ugly work and will probably cost a full day to get it working properly which I cannot afford at this point. Plus, I don't think it's worth the time spent.
A full day worth of work is not worth spending for fixing such a problem, I concur. But perhaps there is something simpler that can be done? Maybe make the notifications a bit more manual (a button appearing for a mod with which he can choose to use to notify a member in case his edit is worth immediate attention). At the very least, mods can try to sympathize with hasty morons like me by weighing their opportunities in using the privilege more before they do ?_?.

I know all of this may sound very trivial to most here, but it really did get out of hand as I previously did click on every single one of them until this time when they got over 4, and I started lazing off because it's started to get uselessly repetitive.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(03-18-2016, 04:25 PM)A-Man Wrote:  But perhaps there is something simpler that can be done? Maybe make the notifications a bit more manual (a button appearing for a mod with which he can choose to use to notify a member in case his edit is worth immediate attention).

In fact this checkbox already exists, and I do think mods should uncheck it if the modnotice is not of big importance.

Simoneon edited this post 03-18-2016 05:38 PM because:
What do you mean mister
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: A-Man
(03-18-2016, 05:06 PM)Ramond Wrote:  and I do think mods should uncheck it if the modnotice is not of big importance.

Quoted for importance. Toasting in this bread Posting in this thread so that anybody knows they can always complain if the modnotice is misused for its intended purpose and the "Send Notice To Author" (aka. trigger LFE Bot) is checked ;)

Instead of modnoticing excessively: Write a post, avoid the roast!

@v: Yes. Roasted.

Simoneon edited this post 03-18-2016 05:48 PM because:
is this excessive now?
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: A-Man
Boom!! No unwanted mod notice guys :P Roast the toast and feel the toast getting roasted?. Lol what?
[Image: bJfyb2A.png?1]

Simoneon edited this post 03-18-2016 07:06 PM because:
you gon get roasted as well if you don't shut your... letters? uhhh
a.k.a firzenx or X.
Deviantart| Arts |sprites|FaceBook
Thanks given by:
I feel like Simon could use more posts made by his own. Its pretty frustrating.
Thanks given by:
Very well then, Gad

Ramond edited this post 11-15-2016 09:43 AM because:
poor simon
Thanks given by: