Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any tips for Survival stage?
So yeah, I need some help regarding Survival stages.

The truth is, I always die at particular stages in Easy, Normal and Difficult. I die at stages 45 - 50 in Easy, I die at stages 25 - 30 in Normal, and I die at stages 15 - 20 in Difficult. It does rather tick me off, since I'm not even advancing further after these particular stages and every attempt to get further only results in me dying.

Is it more because I stick more to the offensive side rather than the defensive side or vice versa? Do you guys have any ideas so as to prevent myself from dying all the time at these particular stages?
Thanks given by:
It's hard to give very specific advice without knowing your exact playstyle, but a few general rules never hurt:

*) Whenever you have some leeway, go back to drink milk. Doesn't matter whether you're on 20 HP or 450. A good indicator for your general health is your dark red HP bar.
*) If an unwounded enemy snatches milk while you're drinking yourself, ignore him. You won't be able to finish all the milk yourself anyway. It's a different story if you're fighting in front and another minion is drinking up all the milk behind; that is rather an unwanted scenario.
*) Obviously, always focus on the "boss" enemies. Ignore minions if possible.
*) Diagonal dash attack spam is usually the safest method of handling opponents.
*) Enemies will often focus on getting a weapon if one is closer than the player. That makes their movement predictable, so try to use that to your advantage.
*) Use special attacks sparsely; only when you need to.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2016, 10:32 AM)Ramond Wrote:  It's hard to give very specific advice without knowing your exact playstyle, but a few general rules never hurt:

*) Whenever you have some leeway, go back to drink milk. Doesn't matter whether you're on 20 HP or 450. A good indicator for your general health is your dark red HP bar.
*) If an unwounded enemy snatches milk while you're drinking yourself, ignore him. You won't be able to finish all the milk yourself anyway. It's a different story if you're fighting in front and another minion is drinking up all the milk behind; that is rather an unwanted scenario.
*) Obviously, always focus on the "boss" enemies. Ignore minions if possible.
*) Diagonal dash attack spam is usually the safest method of handling opponents.
*) Enemies will often focus on getting a weapon if one is closer than the player. That makes their movement predictable, so try to use that to your advantage.
*) Use special attacks sparsely; only when you need to.

Oh yeah, completely forgot to mention my playstyle, my bad.

Well, my playstyle mostly involves hard offense. I try to protect my milk whenever a minion shows up just so I can spare it for later. I also focus on the bosses as you said, but the only problem is when other bosses/minions show up, like Stage 28 - 30 in Normal, also, I use my special attacks only when needed, like in boss fights, or if I've been hit hard to low HP. I also tend to use bottles as my advantage and let the bosses have them for a vantage point, and then their specials show up. I mostly tend to stick up for the front lines.

I also love playing as Davis, got to Stage 49 in Easy with him and Stage 28 in Normal with him.
Thanks given by: