Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, Little Fighter Online was shut down
Well, I want to clarify that to the LF2 fans. Yes, LFO was shut down on January* 27, 2016. It seems that the cashflow was stopping as no major updates since 2008 (ver 14), and no production of LFO cartoon as promised.

We all know that U1 Technology (creator of LFO) holds the rights of the IP. So, is the Little Fighter IP dead? Well, at March-April 2015, Marshall (the admin of LF2 official forum) told that he received an information that U1 is gearing up for a LFO follow up. Whilst not being 100% confirmed, we have no idea how accurate that infromation is and if/whether this information is still relevant.

With LFO closing down, what holds the future for Little Fighter IP? Comment below.

*I know that it was shut down on January but for unknow reason I wrote April. The hell. :s
Admin of Little Fighter Israel - www.littlefighter.co.il
Thanks given by:
Kate Wrote:Yes, LFO was shut down on April 27, 2016. ... So, is the Little Fighter IP dead?

no, as far as i understand it... even if LFO shuts down their servers LF2 shouldn't be affected in anyway shape or form. we can simply connect to 127.0.0.1 which is the most commonly used IPv4 loopback address ever. so i doubt they have any control over it.

It's really nothing to worry about... is there something i'm missing?
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
No idea. All I know is that LF1 and LF2 are safe under Marti, but Marti can't make future games under "Little Fighter", which is why he moved onto Hero Fighter. Last time someone made an LF2 mod based on LFO, the project got shut down by U1 Technology. Anything beyond that is speculation.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
(02-17-2016, 12:33 AM)LutiChris Wrote:  
Kate Wrote:Yes, LFO was shut down on April 27, 2016. ... So, is the Little Fighter IP dead?

... we can simply connect to 127.0.0.1 which is the most commonly used IPv4 loopback address

Kate meant intellectual property, not internet protocol. I'm not very knowledgeable around that, but if I remember correctly they own the IP for 25 or 50 years from when they bought it, I'm not sure what happens after that.

---

In my opinion there's always the possibility of another game that appears with similarities to LF2 (there's already Hero Fighter), but I guess we're missing the modifiability aspect, which we would really be eager to see in a LF2 successor.

Azriel

Ramond edited this post 02-17-2016 11:42 AM because:
You know, if such a comment is posted by Luti, it most likely is 90% troll-level :p
Thanks given by: AmadisLFE , LutiChris , Som1Lse
(02-17-2016, 12:23 AM)$Kate$ Wrote:  Yes, LFO was shut down on April 27, 2016.

We are not there yet. Can you fix the date (to 27 January 2016).

(02-17-2016, 12:23 AM)$Kate$ Wrote:  Well, at March-April 2015, Marshall (the admin of LF2 official forum) told that he received an information that U1 is gearing up for a LFO follow up. Whilst not being 100% confirmed, we have no idea how accurate that infromation is and if/whether this information is still relevant.

They may be up to something, but whether they will do it or not we don't know. Check this out.

(02-17-2016, 12:23 AM)$Kate$ Wrote:  With LFO closing down, what holds the future for Little Fighter IP?

U1 still owns the IP until someone decides to buy it, if they are willing to sell it.

(02-17-2016, 03:28 AM)Azriel Wrote:  In my opinion there's always the possibility of another game that appears with similarities to LF2 (there's already Hero Fighter), but I guess we're missing the modifiability aspect, which we would really be eager to see in a LF2 successor.

In the beginning LF2 data files were encrypted too and modification was not possible, am I correct? Then Marti & Starsky decided to let it be modifiable.

What I know about Hero Fighter is that is has great potential and the code is object oriented. Should Marti decide to make it modifiable sometime, it shall be. Though this is unlikely...
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by:
(02-17-2016, 01:33 PM)MangaD Wrote:  
(02-17-2016, 12:23 AM)$Kate$ Wrote:  Yes, LFO was shut down on April 27, 2016.

We are not there yet. Can you fix the date?
This must have happened this year, as someone said they had accessed LFO website not too long ago.
It was officially shut down on April 27, 2016 (I have my sources + proof). What do you me by "we are not there yet" - are you joking? It's already February 2016!

(02-17-2016, 12:23 AM)$Kate$ Wrote:  Well, at March-April 2015, Marshall (the admin of LF2 official forum) told that he received an information that U1 is gearing up for a LFO follow up. Whilst not being 100% confirmed, we have no idea how accurate that infromation is and if/whether this information is still relevant.

They may be up to something, but whether they will do it or not we don't know. Check this out.

Wow, a nice find! Well, it was obvious U1 won't give up on the IP. new LF games?! Shock

(02-17-2016, 12:23 AM)$Kate$ Wrote:  With LFO closing down, what holds the future for Little Fighter IP?

U1 still owns the IP until someone decides to buy it, if they are willing to sell it.
That being said, I believe Marti still owns the rights of LF2 (something to do with his agreement with U1). Otherwise Marti would haven't created 3 updates since then (including a major 1 in 2009). And U1 would have tried to cashflow LF2 like it did with LFO. So somehow I believe that U1 are restricted when it comes to LF2. Also look up on LF2 official website's FAQ.

(02-17-2016, 03:28 AM)Azriel Wrote:  In my opinion there's always the possibility of another game that appears with similarities to LF2 (there's already Hero Fighter), but I guess we're missing the modifiability aspect, which we would really be eager to see in a LF2 successor.

In the beginning LF2 data files were encrypted too and modification was not possible, am I correct? Then Marti & Starsky decided to let it be modifiable.

What I know about Hero Fighter is that is has great potential and the code is object oriented. Should Marti decide to make it modifiable sometime, it shall be. Though this is unlikely...
As far as I'm concerned, it as not Marti nor Starsky choice, but it was forced on them by the LF2 fan, Jiquera Mondilano, who contacted them regarding the game and then created the LF2 Data Changer along with the first tutorials. Obviously, Marti & Starsky are no fan of modification, as otherwise they would have released LF2 source code of which they refuse to do so.
Thanks given by:
Quote:April 27, 2016
He's referring to the year.

And damn, very happy to see new games in development. I hope they're nothing like LFO.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Apocalipsis
(02-17-2016, 02:53 PM)A-Man Wrote:  
Quote:April 27, 2016
He's referring to the year.

And damn, very happy to see new games in development. I hope they're nothing like LFO.
I still don't understand; it's 2016 right now. :s

Double-checked, obviously those game developements were abandoned. The first game developer resigned his position in U1 in 2010 and the other left in 2009; it's been .. 6-7 years since? That being said, it's still possible that U1 works on something new of which we have no clue. However, those project pretty much confirm the theory possible-new-LF games by U1.

But.. It's been so many years and somehow I have doubt that U1 cares about the IP anymore.
Thanks given by:
It was shut down January 27, 2016.
Source: http://ibbs.hk/read.php?tid=118139
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: STM1993 , Som1Lse
(02-17-2016, 03:17 PM)MangaD Wrote:  It was shut down January 27, 2016.
Source: http://ibbs.hk/read.php?tid=118139

Yes. I meant January OMG :D :D :D
SO STUPID :'(

Why the hell did I write April???? XD
Thanks given by: