Poll: In which forum do the Birthday and Quotes threads belong?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
General Discussion
40.00%
6 40.00%
Hangout Area
60.00%
9 60.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Discussion VS Hangout Area
So I was wondering, what "line" separates these two forums?

I just suggested on IRC to move the Birthday thread and Quotes thread to the Hangout Area, because those threads have an entertainment purpose, as opposed to informational or debatable.

The way I see it, those threads give unearned post count and clutter the overview. However, opinions on IRC aren't unanimous.

So, opening a poll, in which forum do these threads belong? Thinking

Edit: Real-life pics of you included. Probably some more others that I missed.
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: A-Man
Back when the Hangout Area was called Forum Games there had to be some separation. Right now, as you pointed it out, I don't see a reason why these threads should be kept in General Discussion. It's really a hassle when I have to filter which quote is just a parody and which one is genuinely quote worthy. That's too subjective to decide on. And the decision on moderation is mainly needed just because General Discussion forum is more serious than let's say Hangout Area. So yeah, would be easier to expand the entertainment value of these threads by moving them to a forum which can be a bit more laid back.
Thanks given by: MangaD , STM1993 , LutiChris
THAT'S WHY FORUM GAMES MUST RETURN!
Useful
Thanks given by: AmadisLFE
I think the difference manifests when you consider whether posts in that given thread are contributing with something for future readers or not. The happy brithday thread is just a thread where you can personally wish people happy birthdays. These are posts which aren't worth looking back at again, and really, nobody does so in normal occasions. The Quotes thread, on the other hand, does have value in its posts, as its content is generally stuff users, or even guests and newcomers, may find meaning in reading anytime in the future.

I say we keep the Quotes thread in its place and move Birthdays thread.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: AmadisLFE , Gespenst , STM1993 , LutiChris
(01-27-2016, 04:36 PM)A-Man Wrote:  The Quotes thread, on the other hand, does have value in its posts, as its content is generally stuff users, or even guests and newcomers, may find meaning in reading anytime in the future.

The Quotes thread has over 1400 posts, with many, if not most, being for entertainment purposes only. I don't think anyone will spend their time looking back at the older posts in that thread.

It is not a thread about a certain subject either, but rather any random stuff one can think of...
Thanks given by:
(01-27-2016, 04:48 PM)MangaD Wrote:  
(01-27-2016, 04:36 PM)A-Man Wrote:  The Quotes thread, on the other hand, does have value in its posts, as its content is generally stuff users, or even guests and newcomers, may find meaning in reading anytime in the future.

The Quotes thread has over 1400 posts, with many, if not most, being for entertainment purposes only. I don't think anyone will spend their time looking back at the older posts in that thread.

It is not a thread about a certain subject either, but rather any random stuff one can think of...

Not exactly that random, also I don't agree with you thinking that anyone will spend their times looking at the old posts, I agree with A-Man with the Quotes thread staying, The Birthday thread can move.
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
I would consider this site's main purpose to be entertainment, so I don't think it's possible to categorize based on that. The Quotes thread is not entirely senseless stuff either, and people do enjoy looking back at funny logs of old members of the forum.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: AmadisLFE , Hellblazer
To be quote, does it need to be serious and wise?
Useful
Thanks given by:
I get both point of views. But I tend to lean on towards the idea A-Man is making. Birthday Thread is entirely senseless in the matter of content. So that can be moved to Hangout Area. Whereas Quotes thread can stay in General Discussion as it does contains useful quotes which anyone may tend to read again.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[Image: 11twnjn.png]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I need a spriter to help in my All Stars Project.. So if anyone interested, please contact me.
Thanks given by: AmadisLFE
(01-27-2016, 04:56 PM)A-Man Wrote:  I would consider this site's main purpose to be entertainment, so I don't think it's possible to categorize based on that. The Quotes thread is not entirely senseless stuff either, and people do enjoy looking back at funny logs of old members of the forum.

If you see things that way, then the whole website is for entertainment. Though I am trying to differentiate serious threads (informational, prone to discussion, etc), from less serious threads which usually have no goal and no end to themselves. Basically "hangout" threads.

People can still post quotes and look back at the old posts, just on a different forum. Because right now I'm seeing a lot of trivial and random quotes in that thread, which just cluttered the overview a while ago, and I see no reason why should that happen.

I can also start posting random quotes and increase my post count rapidly and get title of "experienced member" (whoo whoo!), without being experienced at all. It is kinda spam. :|
Thanks given by: