Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More HP possibilitys, how?
Hi,
first up- Sorry if there is allready a theread that i overlooked but i didn´t find one in the Search menu.

I want to give a Char more Hp (>500) but i don´t know how.

My first idea was to let him spawn an invisible Heal balls on reaching "bleeding"-low hp
and controll his HP by abdonning the MP for him compleatly and regulate it over the amount of healing/mp cost.

EDIT: jeah ...my second idea was to let him have an instand Heal.... which was kind of stupid too...

EDIT2: the more i think about it... the more sense it makes to give him and instand heal apon reaching low hp...

But MP is something that regenerates which would give hime Stupid amount of health (esspecialy while beeing on low MP)

is there a "better" way to give someone more HP / regulate the MP recovery for a single Char?

Thanks in advance :D

(yes this is for a projekt that i´m working on that has jet to little to show off :-P)
Thanks given by:
(10-23-2015, 11:08 AM)Inny Wrote:  I want to give a Char more Hp (>500) but i don´t know how.
Check the mainsite. Here's a link to one of the relevant articles you'd find useful.

(10-23-2015, 11:08 AM)Inny Wrote:  My first idea was to let him spawn an invisible Heal balls on reaching "bleeding"-low hp
and controll his HP by abdonning the MP for him compleatly and regulate it over the amount of healing/mp cost.
There isn't a way to automatically detect your current HP level.

(10-23-2015, 11:08 AM)Inny Wrote:  But MP is something that regenerates which would give hime Stupid amount of health (esspecialy while beeing on low MP)
There are ways to add/decrease MP for characters, but under data changing the things you can do for MP are limited, and MP regen rate is one of the limitations. MP regen is hardcoded into the game's lf2.exe file, you'd need to do HEX editting if you want to have perfect control over MP regen.

For most characters, the formula for MP recovery rate is:
(500-health)*0.01 + 1
^ Translation: Minimum 1mp per 1 tu(1/30 of 1s) regen rate. You regenerate +1mp/tu faster every 100hp you lose, up to a maximum of 5mp/tu. (500/1,400/2,300/3,200/4,100/5)
(500-health/2)*0.01 + 1
^ For Julian/Firzen (id: 52,51). You regen 3mp/tu at 500hp, 4mp/tu at 400hp, 5mp/tu at 200hp.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: Deep , Inny
(10-23-2015, 11:27 AM)STM1993 Wrote:  
(10-23-2015, 11:08 AM)Inny Wrote:  I want to give a Char more Hp (>500) but i don´t know how.
Check the mainsite. Here's a link to one of the relevant articles you'd find useful.

(10-23-2015, 11:08 AM)Inny Wrote:  My first idea was to let him spawn an invisible Heal balls on reaching "bleeding"-low hp
There isn't a way to automatically detect your current HP level.

Thanks for the link!
Sorry for not cheking in earlier but i had tons of stuff on my hands... :-(

Can´t I use a selftargeting Healball like johns that has an Hp limitation to use like Firens Explusion?
atleast that was my first Idea... and to let it trigger on the walking frames...
so that it would to apper as that that char has a ton(but still fixed) of health.
EDIT: like still the max 500 but regen 200 at a fixed point so it would apear as 700 in total

So the MAIN IDEA is like a "Boss" dragon that doesn´t need MP for skills and has more HP than others...
but i don´t want it to have an Infinit amount of health or rather a controllable amount of health.
as a char he can become wiered in a way, because i don´t want him to be playable... just... a boss... you know ^^ ...
getting a little unconventional with things xD
Thanks given by:
Use frame no. 0 to redirect himself where he hits himself with injury -200.
The con is that you'll now have to remain with 3 stance frames. And also change next 999 and 0 to next 1.
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by: Inny
well changeing frames and stance reduction is no problem i guess. buuuuuuut

Is there a way to restrict a char from using skills... aside from MP and lowHp...i mean
Is there a known way so that a char can only use a skill a set amount of times? ...

EDIT: I mean he starts with 500 (as all do) and can heal himself for 200(in secret) so his total hp for the player looks/feels like 700
BUT if he heals again it´ll be 900... or if he manages to do it again, even 1100.... and thats what i want to prvent. hmmm
What if i put manacost on the walking /standing frames... just enough to cancle out the mp regen... would that work?
Thanks given by:
Oh so you want it to be a executable move where he can heal himself. Well it's easy to make it a "1 time move" only.
In the initial frames of the move, give him a bdy at a special y (say y:1000), after this frame have him opoint an everlasting state:18 itr in the same special y (y:1000).
So what'll happen is if he tries to do the move again, he'll get hit by the itr and get interrupted.
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
Before you consider putting the mp tags in the basic frames, put in mind that the regeneration rate changes all the time.

It should be possible to set an "ammo" count to a move using complex ik8 itrs/bdy pairs with special heights (special bdys).

You need to know the following
  • itr kind: 8 (ik8 for short) in a type 0 object can have you go to the frame denoted by its dvx: tag.
  • create a bdy with a unique high y: value (e.g: 1000) and have the other ik8 have that same value to make only these pairs of similar y values interact with each other.
  • to make a character go to a frame when it's "hit" by a ball, you give him the special ik8, and the ball is given the special bdy.

What you need to do is:
  1. What you will do is essentially creating 5 "counter" ball objects with a special bdy.
  2. The "Count5" object will be always floating far away in the special value coordinate you gave its y:.
  3. The first frame of the move your character has to do only 5 times will immediately next: 0, but there will be an ik8 that interacts with the "Count5" object's bdy.
  4. The dvx: of that itr will lead to the continuation frames of the attack.
  5. The first of the continuation frames will have a special bdy_2.
  6. The same ball will have another special ik8_2 that interacts with bdy_2 and take the ball via its dvx: to a frame where "Count4" object is opointed. After Count4 is opointed, use next:1000 to delete "Count5".
  7. The cycle continues until "Count1" which will just delete itself and won't opoint a new counter object to make the attack continue in its first frame.

I wanted to say "I hope I made it clear", but.. I just can't =(.

But this little trick might come handy for when your characters go over 500, if you're working on a mod that is.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Inny
Oh I got that... and its genius O_O it´s like an anglerfish antenna that when it tuches somethin reakts xD... well now i don´t know if i made myself clear xD

I gotta try this but sadly i don´t have time to do so till ... i guess friday(I study applied physics and its eating my life)... BUT I definitely will.
that´ll be Fun :D I´m lookin forward to it.
Thanks given by: