Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strong Defense
(09-08-2015, 11:55 AM)T.O.R.N.A.D.O Wrote:  I made some minor modifications to the weapon code you gave. It does work perfectly. But the self hitting itr is not getting activated, so the player doesn't go to broken defend (or injured in this case) frame. And whenever object2 is created, it gives out shadows, and I don't know where to put state: 3005 to avoid that. It was really a nice idea! Thanks!
The character creates object 1 in hand.
Character uses wpoint to change object 1's frame to the creating frame.
Now that object 1 is in the creating frame, it will create object 2 using opoint kind 2 as if it were creating an ice sword.
Character is holding object 1 which is holding object 2. When object 1 is destroyed, it will drop object 2, going into the "in_the_sky" frames.

This works because any object can carry another object as if it were another weapon, and when a weapon is carried, it wouldn't create its own shadow. So in your code I don't know why you commented out the only opoint data that would've been used to create object 2.

As for shadows, it is actually fine to have everything in state 3005, though to be safe those frames where the object(1 and 2) is being carried should be left in state 2001. I forgot that you need to take into account the "in_the_sky" weapon frames - when a weapon is dropped, it always goes into any one of those frames first, so my bad for using frames 0-15.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Here I have attached my armor.dat
Summoning this automatically makes character go to injured frame. I have no idea how to fix it. Please take a look.

Attached Files
.dat   armor.dat (Size: 2.69 KB / Downloads: 106)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[Image: 11twnjn.png]
I need a spriter to help in my All Stars Project.. So if anyone interested, please contact me.
Thanks given by:
Ohh I see why now. I can't make Object 1 spawn Object 2 when Char is already holding Object 1... because it'd cause Object 1 to dislodge out of Char's hands.

Sorry man, not entirely sure what to do from here =S
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Can't we use some kind of itr kind 8 to activate when the armor breaks so that it can direct the character to broken defend frames?

Now if that doesn't work, I would like to know that placeholder technique in detail..
I need a spriter to help in my All Stars Project.. So if anyone interested, please contact me.
Thanks given by:
A thought:
In your defense frames:
-For each, write a single bdy which has a special y-value (either too high or too low below the ground). Let's call that value A.
-Keep opointing invisible objects with a normal bdy position.

In your special t3 object:
-Write  itrs with the same y-value "A" with bdefend: 0 in the rebound frames.
-Have the rebound frames be of state: 18 such that they can hit even the parent character that summoned it.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Okay guys, the armor method worked for me. After doing some research on ids, I found out that id 218 is louis' armor id which uses 174-177 frames from id 999 when broken. So I simply made the first frame i.e 174 state 18 with the self hitting itr of special body. Now when the armor breaks, that itr gets activated and he goes to the injured frame. Thanks guys for your help, I really appreciate it!
Thanks given by: STM1993