Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dell Inspiron 15 Do bugs to LF2
(08-07-2015, 10:06 PM)Housemate Wrote:  I hate that one cause it needs mirror sprite, but it seems like my last hope ...
Actually it does not. It uses them if they are present, which fixes the bug with left facing objects, but if they are not present it tries to create them on its own (which will fail on modern systems), in which it will have the exact same effect as any previous version.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2015, 04:51 AM)Someone else Wrote:  Actually it does not. It uses them if they are present, which fixes the bug with left facing objects, but if they are not present it tries to create them on its own (which will fail on modern systems), in which it will have the exact same effect as any previous version.

Yeah, I noticed that .
                            LF Extended                              [Image: 2518290.gif][Image: e38dd1f.gif][Image: 533172c.gif] (click on the pic)                       Deviantart
                            Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2015, 02:17 AM)Dragon5 Wrote:  The "left-right" mirror function of DirectDrew is no longer supported by some new graphics cards (Such as Geforce 9800).

I'm by no means an expert of graphical hardware functions and capabilities, but why in all the world is such a mundane thing as mirroring an image not supported by newer graphics cards anymore? This is truly ridiculous.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2015, 11:06 AM)Ramond Wrote:  I'm by no means an expert of graphical hardware functions and capabilities, but why in all the world is such a mundane thing as mirroring an image not supported by newer graphics cards anymore? This is truly ridiculous.

I am no expert either, but I can be certain its a matter of that specific function being deprecated in new graphic cards. A new functionality that flips the sprites must have been provided, but the Wongs didn't bother using the new stuff for some reason (perhaps upgrading to new versions of direct x wasn't worth the trouble).

Someone else might able to shed more light on this.

@v: lol I understand the pain with OpenGL. Saying that 1/3 of the API  was deprecated is even an understatement.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(08-08-2015, 11:06 AM)Ramond Wrote:  I'm by no means an expert of graphical hardware functions and capabilities, but why in all the world is such a mundane thing as mirroring an image not supported by newer graphics cards anymore? This is truly ridiculous.

LF2 is doing things the old and obsolete way, times are changed; while there are better, faster and proper new ways why would they bother still including unnecessary old functions and blow up driver size?
Also graphics card manufacturers try to reduce driver complexity by removing functionalities that can already be done without them (which leads to more stable drivers).
Do you have any idea how many functions deprecated/removed from OpenGL? I think at least 1/3 of OpenGL specification is gone...

Like people said:

They are times a changin'
Ultimately, my constant dissatisfaction with the way things are becomes the driving force behind everything I do.
[Image: sigline.png]
LF2 IDE - Advanced visual data changer featuring instant data loader
LF2 Sprite Sheet Generator - Template based sprite sheet generator based on Gad's method
[Image: sigline.png]
There is no perfect language, but C++ is the worst.
Thanks given by: Som1Lse , Hate
Hi!
I have bought a new pc too windows 10 32bit. I downloaded lf2 1.9c and I face the same problem as housemate (the same shape of sprites like in the screenshot)

My PC use intel HD 4400 graphics. I tried to run in different modes (via run compatibility) and seems the best result come with windows xp sp2; windows vista; windows vista sp2 and sp1; Windows 98/me/95 in maximized form (coz the normal one gives an weird window) and windows 7 (and 8 I think just didn't tried).While I think windows xp sp3 had worse graphics, just like them but in a larger scale.

I have to say that this is far better from my lap top which has Nvidia Geforce 105 M and it's scale is very big, completely other sprites are displayed. The same result have been in windows 7 64 and 32.

Now I am planning to update my windows to 64 bit version, coz the actual one doesn't support full RAM. Will lf2 work in 64 bit version of win10?
Thanks given by:
(10-17-2015, 12:18 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  Now I am planning to update my windows to 64 bit version, coz the actual one doesn't support full RAM. Will lf2 work in 64 bit version of win10?
64-bit Windows will likely change absolutely nothing on whether or not LF2 will work. What matters is the hardware that LF2 is running on, and the drivers for said hardware, so unless that changes everything should work just as well as before (which in this case means it will not work).
The real solution and only actual solution is to use LF2v2.0a and then everything should work be fine. If not then that is something I can actually help troubleshooting.
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
use https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=34429
probably will be fixed.
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
@someone else
and which drivers and hardware is lf2 compatible on? do u have any info? actually i am using BIOS in MBR partition. but i am considering also to go with UEFI when i reinstall windows.

@mfc
i really hope it will
Thanks given by:
(10-17-2015, 08:15 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  and which drivers and hardware is lf2 compatible on? do u have any info? actually i am using BIOS in MBR partition. but i am considering also to go with UEFI when i reinstall windows.
Very old stuff. Basically if it runs LF2v1.9c properly, then most modern stuff will it will not run well on it. I really doubt that you will manage to find any drivers that will work with LF2 for any half modern hardware, unless they are specifically written to support DirectDraw or you write them yourself, and even if you manage that then it is still a lost cause that will simply not be worth it as they will likely inhibit other stuff for working properly.

tl;dr: Use LF2v2.0a, if you have problems with it then ask and I can try to help. Any older version is a lost cause.
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by: Hate