Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
A-Mafia
Sorry to make you wait, but it's finally time for:

A-Mafia

Examples of PMs Players Will Be Sending to the GM (Click to View)

A-Village's map:
[Image: EjrTU9C.png]
Legend:
B - Village center and Meeting Place
P - Post office
M - Village market
H - Hospital
W - Village Well
1 - AmadisLFE's House
2 - Bamboori's House
3 - Ramond's House
4 - Rhino.Freak's House
5 - MangaD's House
6 - the mad maskman's House
7 - TORNADO's House
8 - LutiChris's House
9 - empirefantasy's House
10- Simoneon's House

At the village center is the emergency bell*. In the case of an emergency, villagers can sound the bell. Players will have the option to respond by going out. To point to a location, villager should follow sounding the bell by shooting dried pumpkins on fire to a particular direction.

In the village lives "The Oracle"; an old lady in her 90s who claims to have the abilities to contact the dead. Messages she's delivered from the dead have many times given the cops useful clues that helped determine criminals' methods and identities.

I'm waiting for responses from some of you before I can post the prologue, but the game has already started. So this is pre-day 0. For now, if you have any questions about the rules or the mechanics, ask away.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak , Bamboori
Holy hell this is a lot to take in. But okay I'll try my best to understand it all.

Hope to have an interesting game ahead!
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
yay!
so for now we just have to wait for the prologue, right? no action pm yet?
Thanks given by:
Yes! There was an error posting your reply: The message is too short. Please enter a message longer than 5 characters.

Thanks given by:
Here is too much to understand.

So let's start with some questions:

1- How day times will be determined? 7 to 22 ?
2- Will I be sleeping from 22 to 7? if yes, how? I mean will we pick hours by ourself in this range? What about in day range?
3- So the reason why players can move is to see other player's activity? When somebody receives a pm that another player is walking towards him/her, will the confronting players "pause the game", so in order to wait for their response?
4-etc
Thanks given by:
1- A day is 24 hours. The day meetings will be at 7. Once you go to sleep, you'll continue sleeping until either you've slept all your hours, or something wakes you up (noise ..etc); there are no alarm clocks.

2- You sleep whenever you want. You just don't want to be late to the meetings ;) To sleep, you just declare it in your action PM after moving to your house (look at example). Put in mind that moving uses time too.

3- Yes. If both of you see one other, you'll both receive a notification/event PM and will have a chance to turn in another action PM (could start a conversation, 300 char messages, ~30 minutes will be spent for each message sent by any of the partakers of the conversation). That won't "pause" the game, it'll just stop other actions from being processed, because what you do next can potentially influence everybody. But either players can choose to just ignore and keep moving.

4- The key point is, every action PM should end with sleeping. Say you wanted to go sleep in somebody's else's house, the action would involve moving there, knocking door for x time, and then returning to your house to sleep (worst case scenario).

If the house owner hears the knocking and responds, you'll get an event PM and you can update your actions and declare that you want to sleep there.

Thanks given by:
I might have missed it but how do we determine the time it takes to walk for example from c to d? If it wasn't included anywhere, could you add the numbers on the map somehow? One for rushing, one for regular walking?

Also it seems all the actions are done in the PMs so what do we post in the thread? Do we only post here when it's the meeting and then stop posting when it's over?
Thanks given by:
Neato, it has begun, muahaha!

Me and Bamboori are almost neighbors and MangaD is the hermit on the hill :D

It is highly suspicious the Mafia want to meet Amadis that late at night close to his house. I smell murder. Whatever happens don't go out there Amadis!

Question I have about message sending mechanics. In the beginning you mention one can send messages and it will take a phase to get delivered. So what is the exact role of the Post Office here? Is it generally required to visit it to actually send any kind of message or will this only speed up the process?
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
@Simoneon: 10 ± 5 minutes for all on average if it's not raining. Rushing will skew the probabilities so that you're slightly more likely to get a less number. If it's raining, then different would be huge if difference in gradient is. If the difference in gradients between location and destination is greater than 1/3rd of the bar, then there's a big chance that it would be even impossible to climb up that path, and you might end up stuck (it's a 1/x function kinda; probability sinks fast as difference between gradients increase).

And yes, once the meeting starts, usually more information will be revealed, and players can discuss. Once the meeting ends, then all gameplay will take place via PM.

@Ramond: The role of the post office is that if you decide that you want to send another message but all actions PMs have been sent, then you must move to a office, then send me a PM of the message for delivery. Generally, people can just turn in their messages right after the meeting, where they avoid the time cost of moving to a post office (since the post office is very close from the meeting place).

Thanks given by:
(07-17-2017, 11:44 PM)A-Man Wrote:  @Ramond: The role of the post office is that if you decide that you want to send another message but all actions PMs have been sent, then you must move to a office, then send me a PM of the message for delivery. Generally, people can just turn in their messages right after the meeting, where they avoid the time cost of moving to a post office (since the post office is very close from the meeting place).

I still don't understand. So let's evaluate based on some examples;

1) If I want to send more than 3 messages at any given point, I must visit the PO. Correct?

2) Your case of: "but all action PMs have been sent". If all action PMs have been sent, that includes mine, where I already specified a chain of actions. Therefore I would need to change my actions to include moving to the PO to deliver a message. However, if I can change my actions, I could then just as well use the 'normal' message delivery you introduced quite in the beginning.

3) If a message is brought to the PO, it will be delivered in the same manner as the others; after the next phase. Correct?
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: