Poll: Keep the sign on his back?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, you should definately keep it
77.97%
46 77.97%
It's not important / I don't know
15.25%
9 15.25%
No, get rid of it
6.78%
4 6.78%
Total 59 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Goku & SSJ Goku (release!)
Yes, it is.

Thanks given by: Memento
Could a moderator or admin please move this to the releases section? ;D

Edit: if you want to use my sprites for your own character, that's fine. You can also include him in a modification you're making if you want to. You don't have to ask for my permission at any time, just make sure you give me credit for the base and don't claim everything as your own.
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
I downloaded the character for my new laptop today, but I keep getting the 'can't create art surface' error from the file 'ssjgoku_kame.dat' at loading kamelight.bmp. Does this happen for more people?

I've checked and everything is in the correct place. I tried creating a new kamelight.bmp file, but the problem is in the data itself, it seems. Maybe it has something to do with line limits: the data file has empty lines throughout the document. is that possible? It looks like this:

Code:
<bmp_begin>

file(0-9): sprite\ssjgoku\superkame.bmp w: 501  h: 138  row: 2  col: 5

file(10-18): sprite\ssjgoku\kame_down.bmp w: 82  h: 280  row: 9  col: 1

file(19-24): sprite\ssjgoku\flashes.bmp w: 228  h: 199  row: 2  col: 3

file(25-27): sprite\ssjgoku\flashes2.bmp w: 300  h: 224  row: 1  col: 3

file(28-30): sprite\ssjgoku\aura.bmp w: 108  h: 105  row: 3  col: 1

file(31-33): sprite\ssjgoku\flashes3.bmp w: 450  h: 333  row: 1  col: 3

file(34-51): sprite\ssjgoku\kamelight.bmp w: 751  h: 751  row: 6  col: 3

file(52-53): sprite\ssjgoku\ssjgoku_shade.bmp w: 79  h: 79  row: 2  col: 1

file(54-56): sprite\ssjgoku\flashes4.bmp w: 375  h: 266  row: 1  col: 3

weapon_hit_sound: data\020.wav

weapon_drop_sound: data\020.wav

weapon_broken_sound: data\020.wav

<bmp_end>

It's been long since I've done anything with LF2, I've tried to fix the problem for 2 hours now but to no end. I hope somebody knows the fix.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
i know these kind of problems are always with me,and i too know how to get rid of them.so i will try.
you say everything is correct,maybe not tho it looks fine.

ok try this
open kamelight with ms paint and click the save button.then give a try.

or this could be the drivers problem.
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2017, 11:42 PM)penew Wrote:  i know these kind of problems are always with me,and i too know how to get rid of them.so i will try.
you say everything is correct,maybe not tho it looks fine.

ok try this
open kamelight with ms paint and click the save button.then give a try.

or this could be the drivers problem.

Thanks for trying to help me out.

Opening kamelight and saving a new file didn't work (tried that before writing the post)
The driver shouldn't be the problem I believe, as the original game works fine.

Can other people install the character without trouble? If more people have this problem, it has to be in the data.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
Might be too big size of bitmaps, try delete some of the bigger ones from data, especially kamelight.

edit: didn't read carefully, it stops at kamelight, then it must be it, split this picture into smaller ones
Thanks given by: Memento
(07-05-2017, 03:03 PM)Hari Wrote:  Might be too big size of bitmaps, try delete some of the bigger ones from data, especially kamelight.

edit: didn't read carefully, it stops at kamelight, then it must be it, split this picture into smaller ones

It didn't work when I split it into 3 files having a 4500px on the x-axis remaining. When I split it in 2 pictures of equal size I still had trouble. It worked when I opened these files again in MSpaint and resaved them as a 24-bit bmp :)

I will upload a fixed file later on. Might do some other minor things :)
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
Good to hear it's working!
Uh, I was wrong then, can someone correct me if too big bitmaps actually cause problems?
Thanks given by:
Nice its working now.I gave u the same idea as resaving but forgot to tell you save them as 24bit sorry.

(07-06-2017, 03:55 PM)Hari Wrote:  Good to hear it's working!
Uh, I was wrong then, can someone correct me if too big bitmaps actually cause problems?

No too many big bitmaps don't cause the problem.lf2 exe only reads 24bit images.so that was the case
Thanks given by: Hari
(07-06-2017, 08:17 PM)penew Wrote:  No too many big bitmaps don't cause the problem.lf2 exe only reads 24bit images.so that was the case
From where do you know that? There are multiple mods out there that use 32bit images. Moreover, I once encountered this problem myself (mod crashed before even going after only loading 3/4ths of the sprites), and I attempted converting all the sprites used in the mod to 24 bit to no avail. What always worked is reducing the dimensions of the grids by clipping extra space in every grid. That was labour work, so I automated it here (A-Grid Clipper): http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=8902

That did the trick for the whole mod.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Hari