Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Character: Julio+
(02-28-2015, 06:53 PM)Lauli Wrote:  Any chance that he'll get a move where he can charge up his sword, so the julio_suitb is a little less redundant?
Would be in line with his health-regeneration move without the armor, in a way.
That's a remnant of his stage, it is his fifth sword. I started on implementing this for the playable version, but I don't feel like completing that any time soon.

(02-28-2015, 08:06 PM)prince_freeza Wrote:  upon transitioning to stage 2 you loose the armor! i passed stage 1 without loosing the armor, here is a recording if you are interested and a screenshot for stage 2
(02-28-2015, 11:58 PM)Someone else Wrote:  Like prince_freeza mentioned he seems to be broken on stage 2-5, as his armor doesn't spawn.
Well, not exactly broken - I guess he just can't be bothered travelling with that heavy husk. Since LF2 has replays weapons do not carry over from one stage to the other (as there is no notion to start out with one in a replay). Nothing I can do about it I guess. (It's a real bummer too because I once intended to abuse this to detect people clearing stages in sequence)

(02-28-2015, 11:58 PM)Someone else Wrote:  I also want to point out that you probably should not be distributing AI ddraw.dll with a character, but instead contain a link in the readme to a place where it can be downloaded. It is not that I have a problem with other people distributing the AI ddraw.dll. [...] The point is that we shouldn't be encouraging bad practices.

(I'm sorry for making this rant the majority of my post in a thread that isn't really about that)
I shall include a notion on that in all my readmes (not to replace it when already present/where to get the latest/self compile it in case of security concerns). I don't think I will exclude the dll from the downloads though. I hate running around download links to collect everything I need.

(03-01-2015, 02:57 AM)STM1993 Wrote:  I just realized Julio is also somehow holding the armor as a heavy weapon, I don't know how you did that.
First thing you do is picking it up.

(03-01-2015, 02:57 AM)STM1993 Wrote:  Anyway, this bug happens whenever Julio gets hit by an attack with insufficient fall when high enough in mid-air. When that happens, he goes into injury, which goes to next: 999 at the end of it. If he is still in mid-air by the end of the injury frame, he will go into frame 212 and lands in frame 215... which are frames where the weapon is in armor mode and the sword doesn't appear. When Julio stands after 215, he is actually using his armor standing frames. It is easily fixed by simply doing any other action than defending or jumping however.
1000 points. I now remember considering aerial injury frames to be too rare to take care of it (and not being able to figure out a solution ...). Taken care of (still going through these frames as I would otherwise impair ground movement after a hit - but he does not go into heavy breathing after landing now).

(03-01-2015, 02:57 AM)STM1993 Wrote:  Btw I also found out that if you use Whirlwind on Julio when he is healing or let him unfreeze, he will drop a milk.
Weird, I already had the solution to this inside the fire frames. Fixed.

(03-01-2015, 02:57 AM)STM1993 Wrote:  I gave the new version a quick try with Freeze, he is much tougher now since he is more aggressive in armor mode and he actually defends himself better while healing.
All in response to the gameplay videos :D
Thanks given by: STM1993
Great to see an update to this character :)

Anyway, in case nobody else knows, although this version does not have Julio being able to respawn his armor after his armor breaks, it is possible to implement that. One simply has to use hit_(whatever) to frame 49 and the armor will be spawned.

And I've highlighted this to YinYin before, but my only gripe with Julio is that his armor is susceptible to friendly fire. The thing is, I'm a fan of playing Stage Mode with multiple characters, but because of the above problem, it's most advisable to play Stage Mode with just Julio and no other teammates. I was thinking whether the armor as a heavy object could be assigned to a team, but YinYin told me it's impossible. I couldn't figure it out either. Kind of a bummer, because I think Julio would be perfect as a playable character if the armor could be assigned to a team so that it's not susceptible to friendly fire.
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2015, 03:43 AM)eplipswich Wrote:  if the armor could be assigned to a team so that it's not susceptible to friendly fire.
These are two different things. A heavy weapon is assigned the team of the last object it was hit by, like any other non character object. And like most other non character objects it can be hit by any team at all times.

I would love this too though.
Thanks given by: