Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC Solutions/Explanations for some LF2 bugs
(04-01-2015, 11:17 AM)YinYin Wrote:  
Quote:Bug #9 - Henry's D>J destroyed by ball + punch
Always considered that a feature. Have some respect for characters stopping a super arrow.
A rather flawed one though, seeing as you need to hit with a ball first. I do suppose that would make an interesting feature if you didn't strictly have to use a ball first before punching.
I also suspect some relation to the itr's vrest, seeing as if I hit the arrow with a ball from a further distance away before punching it this bug doesn't happen.

Quote:Bug #10 - Rudolf transform victim stuck in mid-air
Don't really have a solution other than using an itr to get rid of the victim instead of using cpoint throw.
Have you tried something like decrease: -1000?
Tried, doesn't work. I just remembered throwinjury: -1 is the hardcoded value needed for Rudolf to successfully transform. I guess the only way is to replicate frame 181 without the bdy, which means it requires a full mod.

Quote:Bug #15 - Arrow to stone on bdefend 100
I think I focused too much on fixing the arrow. Instead, you can choose to make the broken_weapon stones not show up and give the boulder its own custom broken_weapon. Can do the same for the arrow itself or take advantage of the stone fragments.
The boulder breaking is a pretty complex random effect. I wouldn't ever trade it in for a lousy custom one.
Ah, curses. Looks like its back to the roundabout hidden bdy trick again...
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2015, 12:31 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  
Quote:Bug #9 - Henry's D>J destroyed by ball + punch
Always considered that a feature. Have some respect for characters stopping a super arrow.
A rather flawed one though, seeing as you need to hit with a ball first. I do suppose that would make an interesting feature if you didn't strictly have to use a ball first before punching.
I also suspect some relation to the itr's vrest, seeing as if I hit the arrow with a ball from a further distance away before punching it this bug doesn't happen.

Well just punching it would be far too easy, making it as weak as any other projectile.
Having to disrupt it with a blast first is pretty cool imo.
Thanks given by:
Major update to first post.

More explanations added, some formatting, and also including bugs that I couldn't explain for the sake of completion.
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Thanks given by:
Gravedig because I found a solution & plausible explanation for John's shield + heavy weapon bug:
[Image: qox0m8.gif]
This bug is a result of heavy weapons lacking several important frames and missing wpoints causing their coordinates being messed up during falling frames(and possibly during heavy_walk/run frames), resulting in the weapon being invisible and sinking below ground respectively.

Therefore, this bug can be very easily fixed by simply adding:
* Frame 6-9 and 11-19 to the heavy weapon.
* Adding the wpoint kind 2 from the on_hand (frame 10) to all frames in the heavy_weapon.

Absolutely no character modification required.
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Thanks given by: bashscrazy