Little Fighter Empire - Forums
[Char] Bandit Subtank/Boss - Printable Version

+- Little Fighter Empire - Forums (https://lf-empire.de/forum)
+-- Forum: Little Fighter 2 Zone (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Projects (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: [Char] Bandit Subtank/Boss (/showthread.php?tid=10710)

Bandit Subtank/Boss - Gespenst - 07-16-2017

Introduction
Most of the people want to create cool,flashy characters but there is one problem. Minion type characters don't get such attention as "Main" characters. This character is minion bandit. I haven't decided if he will be Bandit Boss like or Bandit subtank. But more like Jack.

Description
This character will be a little different than any other character.
It will have 2-4 moves.
He will be grabbing type character, no energy attacks, no weapons.
Movelist:
Will be added

Pics
[Image: 0GYJgV7.png] //standing
[Image: v2mQs2m.gif] //Punch 1,2 and super punch
[Image: d0ETSso.gif] //Run attack
[Image: BB8znfV.gif] //Jump attack

Download
Not available

Credits
-

//Questions about other projects - PM!

RE: Bandit Subtank/Boss - A-Man - 07-16-2017

Looks very good. How would this character be different from Mark?

RE: Bandit Subtank/Boss - the mad maskman - 07-16-2017

the sprites look really good (as excpected from yoy, Mono). but the torn up place in his bandana looks very weird, and i somehow can't put it into words. also, what do you mean with "no weapons"? he can't hold weapons?
about the moveset, how about unenergized versions of the orginals fighters' attacks. like normal dragon uppercut and normal tiger dash (which becomes a thai knee?) for example.

RE: Bandit Subtank/Boss - Gespenst - 07-16-2017

(07-16-2017, 12:19 PM)A-Man Wrote:  Looks very good. How would this character be different from Mark?
Design ofcrs :D As I have mentioned his style will be more related to grabbing your oponent. And even (maybe) he will have counter attack move.

(07-16-2017, 12:34 PM)the mad maskman Wrote:  the sprites look really good (as excpected from yoy, Mono). but the torn up place in his bandana looks very weird, and i somehow can't put it into words. also, what do you mean with "no weapons"? he can't hold weapons?

It's not torn up bandana. It`s more like a scarf. http://sketchtoy.com/68217124
I mean he will be able to use weapons but no such for special attacks

(07-16-2017, 12:34 PM)the mad maskman Wrote:   about the moveset, how about unenergized versions of the orginals fighters` attacks. like normal dragon uppercut and normal tiger dash (which becomes a thai knee?) for example.

No!

No copying originals. Those moves are so overused.
I already have moveset but I will need to play with dc to check every possibility.

Thank you for Your comments.

RE: Bandit Subtank/Boss - Nyamaiku - 07-16-2017

How about a lil idea i had for quite a while?
He grabs the enemy by the face with one hand, and run forward while sticking the enemy out to knock away other enemies, and then throw the caught enemy after running for a bit.
But if he run into a wall or rock/boxes aka stuffs he cant pass through he will slam the enemy into the wall.

RE: Bandit Subtank/Boss - Gad - 07-16-2017

Cool, nice project. I really like stuff like that.
I'm a little concerned about how it doesn't blend with original lf chars with his low bandana saturation and how his face look. Other than that sprite is very good. Legs and torso are very close to Mark, but yet very different so it doesnt look like a ripoff.

I knew these are still sketches, but jump attack looks very weak, lacks some power. Also you said it yourself - 2 frames punches look choppy and could be extended to at least 3. And for running i think his arms are too much thrown away.

RE: Bandit Subtank/Boss - Gespenst - 07-16-2017

(07-16-2017, 02:21 PM)Nyamaiku Wrote:  How about a lil idea i had for quite a while?
He grabs the enemy by the face with one hand, and run forward while sticking the enemy out to knock away other enemies, and then throw the caught enemy after running for a bit.
But if he run into a wall or rock/boxes aka stuffs he cant pass through he will slam the enemy into the wall.

I don't want him to be this awesome :D
I actualy had idea of him grabing someone's head and then hit it with knee

(07-16-2017, 02:47 PM)Gad Wrote:  Cool, nice project. I really like stuff like that.
I'm a little concerned about how it doesn't blend with original lf chars with his low bandana saturation and how his face look. Other than that sprite is very good. Legs and torso are very close to Mark, but yet very different so it doesnt look like a ripoff.

I knew these are still sketches, but jump attack looks very weak, lacks some power. Also you said it yourself - 2 frames punches look choppy and could be extended to at least 3. And for running i think his arms are too much thrown away.

Too bad I was never able to recreate lf2 like faces  :'(
Was working with high saturated red color but did not like that (I actualy like less saturated colors ^^)

Indeed I said that about 2 frames punches but hey, why not to try that? ^^ IG will look different. Speed, limb placement and stuff :)

For running, I've been trying to replicate Mike's Haggar running from Final Fight 3 on SNES.
[Image: lmzkY38.png]
Also, frame speed.But will think about it^^

Thanks ;)

RE: Bandit Subtank/Boss - Jahvansi - 07-18-2017

nice stuff so far!

what size ur making these sprites at?

RE: Bandit Subtank/Boss - Gespenst - 07-19-2017

2x size

RE: Bandit Subtank/Boss - Jahvansi - 09-08-2017

Any update on this? :)