Little Fighter Empire - Forums
Character sprites - Tomix - Printable Version

+- Little Fighter Empire - Forums (https://lf-empire.de/forum)
+-- Forum: Little Fighter 2 Zone (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Sprites (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Character sprites - Tomix (/showthread.php?tid=10348)

Pages: 1 2

Character sprites - Tomix - Crazy Bandit - 06-24-2016

Is this forum still active...?
well, this is my character, i don't know if i will ever finish a full sprite sheet for this (probably not), but working on it is pretty fun for me.

Old versions:

Updated version:

(Hair fixed, coat added)

[Image: tomix_zpsnt0hp3kn.png]

[Image: Untitled-1_zpsacpr6jch.png]

[Image: tomix-animation_zpsetzms6ql.gif]

Original character:
http://asaf-cb.deviantart.com/art/Tomix-render-461931680

RE: Character sprites - Tomix - STM1993 - 06-24-2016

Looks pretty nice, but I do find him facing directly at the screen to be a bit odd, maybe angle his face to the right like the LF2 characters. His nose and mouth also look too huge. Something like this might be better:
[Image: SpPmytT.png] vs [Image: Untitled-1_zpsacpr6jch.png](original)

Did you draw him pixel by pixel with Paint?

RE: Character sprites - Tomix - Crazy Bandit - 06-24-2016

(06-24-2016, 01:29 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  Looks pretty nice, but I do find him facing directly at the screen to be a bit odd, maybe angle his face to the right like the LF2 characters. His nose and mouth also look too huge. Something like this might be better:
[Image: SpPmytT.png] vs [Image: Untitled-1_zpsacpr6jch.png](original)

Did you draw him pixel by pixel with Paint?

Okay I will tray to fix that
and yes, I draw him pixel by pixel with Photoshop.

RE: Character sprites - Tomix - MangaD - 06-24-2016

(06-24-2016, 01:13 PM)Crazy Bandit Wrote:  Is this forum still active...?

If you are here then it's active. :p

(06-24-2016, 01:13 PM)Crazy Bandit Wrote:  Original character:

Great skill!

RE: Character sprites - Tomix - Crazy Bandit - 06-25-2016

(06-24-2016, 03:13 PM)MangaD Wrote:  
(06-24-2016, 01:13 PM)Crazy Bandit Wrote:  Is this forum still active...?

If you are here then it's active. :p

(06-24-2016, 01:13 PM)Crazy Bandit Wrote:  Original character:

Great skill!

Thank you :)

I'm working on a attack sprites, running sprites, and a new stand-pose sprites.
"making of" animation has added to the post.

RE: Character sprites - Tomix - Gad - 06-26-2016

Really nice, but this is clearly done in a wrong way. Try to do it on like 2x or even 4x resolution and then scale the outcome down. That way you Will get much more detail visable.

RE: Character sprites - Tomix - Silverthorn - 06-26-2016

I'll have to agree with Gad, pixelbashing is just so enormously time-intensive with very little outcome. Also, I'd suggest to create some assets that you can reuse so that progress won't be too slow (it's still slow but much faster than crafting each individual sprite by hand).

As for the sprite itself, it seems to lack a bit of contrast. The original image is similarly lacking in this regard but that shouldn't stop you from slightly altering the values so that individual features get discernible (for example, slightly brightening up the coat could already help). I would actually ditch the beard altogether since it makes individual facial features even harder to make out.

Regarding the image posted to dA, did you actually make it yourself or is it just cut out from a different image (not saying that that guy created it, considering his other works but his upload precedes yours by 4 years which does raise some eyebrows)? In that case, you should definitely credit the original artist and/or state the source.

--

By the way, Gad, still looking for DCers for your mod? I can try promoting it a bit on the site, if that helps at all :p

RE: Character sprites - Tomix - Crazy Bandit - 06-28-2016

(06-26-2016, 06:19 AM)Gad Wrote:  Really nice, but this is clearly done in a wrong way. Try to do it on like 2x or even 4x resolution and then scale the outcome down. That way you Will get much more detail visable.
I don't agree with you, I think that resizing images, specially that small, will destroy their quality and make them blurry.

(06-26-2016, 08:55 AM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  I'll have to agree with Gad, pixelbashing is just so enormously time-intensive with very little outcome. Also, I'd suggest to create some assets that you can reuse so that progress won't be too slow (it's still slow but much faster than crafting each individual sprite by hand).

As for the sprite itself, it seems to lack a bit of contrast. The original image is similarly lacking in this regard but that shouldn't stop you from slightly altering the values so that individual features get discernible (for example, slightly brightening up the coat could already help). I would actually ditch the beard altogether since it makes individual facial features even harder to make out.

Regarding the image posted to dA, did you actually make it yourself or is it just cut out from a different image (not saying that that guy created it, considering his other works but his upload precedes yours by 4 years which does raise some eyebrows)? In that case, you should definitely credit the original artist and/or state the source.

--

By the way, Gad, still looking for DCers for your mod? I can try promoting it a bit on the site, if that helps at all :p
yeah the contrast was a big issue for me because i wanted to keep the original colors, but I think you're right, i'll change it soon.

I did only the cut out in this image, i'll take care of the credit soon.

RE: Character sprites - Tomix - A-Man - 06-28-2016

Quote:I don't agree with you, I think that resizing images, specially that small, will destroy their quality and make them blurry.
That's what I see too. Scaling down is a lossy operation anyway, and any filtering that can happen to make things look cleaner will destroy the pixel feel put into the sprite.

RE: Character sprites - Tomix - Crazy Bandit - 06-28-2016

(06-26-2016, 08:55 AM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  I'll have to agree with Gad, pixelbashing is just so enormously time-intensive with very little outcome. Also, I'd suggest to create some assets that you can reuse so that progress won't be too slow (it's still slow but much faster than crafting each individual sprite by hand).

what do you mean "assets"? (My english is not perfect)

(06-28-2016, 01:39 PM)A-Man Wrote:  
Quote:I don't agree with you, I think that resizing images, specially that small, will destroy their quality and make them blurry.
That's what I see too. Scaling down is a lossy operation anyway, and any filtering that can happen to make things look cleaner will destroy the pixel feel put into the sprite.
But when scaling down some details can disappear and i don't want that to happen.
Anyway, I'll try it.

Edit:
I'm trying to make my sprites more "little fighter style" so I'll re-make the sprite of the standing pose.
[Image: tomix%20hit_zpsfi5ythdn.png]