Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Anonymous User
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was thinking this would be useful to post in a forum game or in the sprite forum. Remember where we had to guess which member did what drawing.
And we could use this in the mafia game (to talk at night) or rpg threads (we can introduce players without the others knowing their identity yet.)

Just add a little check box on each thread to enable this option.
Moderators can still get the chance to see who typed it
their ip address
and unveil the culprit if necessary.
edit) maybe even go so far as to disable certain people from using it if it gets abused for the wrong reason

So what do you think? :P
I won't be able to play mafia ever again :(
Other than that it seems like a neat feature
that might not be good for the mafia game, it can destroy the balance.
let say the cop reveal himself to be a cop, he can now share his outcomes while the mafias not knowing who he is
so then don't check the box if you think the anonymous option will not help the game.
I think it can be practical, we even have hide me from the who is online list.

V) yes
ah so the thread owner will be able to choose those?
if so its fine than ^_^
instead of this, make someone who is not playing to post  a message.

Luti sends pm with his message to a certain not mafia game player which post that message without telling the owner of the message.

Information broker or something I think for it is the right phrase, I think.

edit: or have a few of them in case there was a post and another anonymous posts needs to be posted but also that might loose sequence
its gonna ruin lfe, post something useless and people keep guessing who it was.
and the moderators arent really gonna state it publicly.
(04-17-2015, 03:58 PM)Appendix Wrote: [ -> ]and the moderators arent really gonna state it publicly.
Citation needed.

Honestly I doubt this is going to be abused as you might think it would, and even if people were going to abuse it, there is nothing that prevents a thread author from turning the feature off in his/her thread (except for coding efort).
With the few posts that will be posted anonymously, if it is simply a trash post then I see no reason why moderators (or the thread author) would not just state who made that post (perhaps there could be a possibility to make a post unanonymous if it is found that it breaks the rules/is just plain dumb), and LFE is a rather small community, so I doubt that time is going to be a particularly large problem in this case.

The only real issue is to actually program it.

(04-17-2015, 02:46 PM)Mono Wrote: [ -> ]instead of this, make someone who is not playing to post  a message.
This is simply a hack to achieve something that could be achieved in a much nicer way.

(04-17-2015, 04:07 PM)LutiChris Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see why we can't try it out?
Writing the code isn't efortless. Otherwise no reason.

(04-17-2015, 04:07 PM)LutiChris Wrote: [ -> ]edit) gah, someone else ninja'd me :P
Ninja'd :p
I don't see why we can't try it out?
Just like the reputation system if people are immature and abuse the system then it can be taken away.
Also it's only limited to the person who created the thread and can disable it at anytime revealing said names.

edit) gah, someone else ninja'd me :P
(04-17-2015, 04:04 PM)Someone else Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2015, 04:07 PM)LutiChris Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see why we can't try it out?
Writing the code isn't efortless.
Key point of this thread. In theory, this should be fairly easy to achieve but it's quite a workload of stupidly typing line after line.

Technically, this is just for the forum games (I really don't see why one would want to post anonymously in a different board). Makes me wonder whether the effort is really worth the time to spend on this.

So far, I'm not fully convinced of its usefulness. Mafia was fun all the 10-ish games I played in and we never needed the anon posting.