Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Future of the LF2 Stream
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The LF2 Stream is a place where I sometimes stream LF2-matches and/or mods. Unfortunately, my time is too limited to do this on a regular basis, let alone do it often enough to be worthwhile. That is why I would like to extend the stream in two different ways that I would like to discuss here:
  • topics covered
  • circle of streamers

What would you to see on the stream? Do you prefer it the way it is right now (solely LF2-gameplay) or would you like it to cover a broader range of topics (i.e. spriting, bg-making)? Should it even aggrandize in a way that just remotely relevant subjects are covered (painting, other fighting games)?

The second part deals with who is able to stream over the channel and thus trigger the board message (LF2 Stream is online aka. "GREEN LAMP YO"). Apparently, Twitch gives me the option of setting up a list of authorized broadcasters that can stream through this channel here.
Technical details for those interested (Click to View)
This arises the question: who would like to stream? Please note that the topic-issue will have to be discussed first before extending the broadcaster-team.
I always asked myself why the stream is only for gameplay purposes right now.

In other words I would highly appreciate if other content like spriting or painting could be covered as well, as long as its related to LF2.
i do stream painting and spriting from time to time.
could be nice to be in the official group, if it will be on for those matters.
Sometimes once year or two years I do spriting video. I can't do live stream but I still do video.
(02-01-2015, 07:33 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]According to my understanding of the mechanics, everything that you'd stream to Twitch would be, as an authorized broadcaster, relayed to the LF2 Stream as well. This is why I'd
  1. only grant access to people who I deem reliable enough and
  2. wish that authorized broadcasters really just stream things that are in the field of what has been agreed upon.
A Twitch-account is mandatory, cross-streaming is, to my knowledge, not possible.
There is no opting in/out for authorized channels in case they stream other things?
(02-01-2015, 09:21 PM)YinYin Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2015, 07:33 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]According to my understanding of the mechanics, everything that you'd stream to Twitch would be, as an authorized broadcaster, relayed to the LF2 Stream as well. This is why I'd
  1. only grant access to people who I deem reliable enough and
  2. wish that authorized broadcasters really just stream things that are in the field of what has been agreed upon.
A Twitch-account is mandatory, cross-streaming is, to my knowledge, not possible.
There is no opting in/out for authorized channels in case they stream other things?
I haven't found any setting that shoots into this direction so far. Here's hoping there does exist such a feature at all; I'll keep looking.
Hmn. I have a idea with youtube videos also. Have a youtube channel which would be allowed for certain people who would post videos of gameplay, new mods, chars, spriting, datachanging? and much more.
(02-01-2015, 09:36 PM)Mono Wrote: [ -> ]Hmn. I have a idea with youtube videos also. Have a youtube channel which would be allowed for certain people who would post videos of gameplay, new mods, chars, spriting, datachanging? and much more.

a live stream with the ability to communicate with the viewers is what i prefer.
than you can take the records, and post them on YouTube.
All about I can Say Use the YouTube Channel.Its perfect.I support it.
(02-01-2015, 09:45 PM)Ariel Wrote: [ -> ]a live stream with the ability to communicate with the viewers is what i prefer.
than you can take the records, and post them on YouTube.
This exactly. There is a value to having a live stream, especially with a relatively small community (which in comparison to some Twitch channels this is), as the Twitch chat won't be full of people spamming kappa.

In regards to the content, I believe that Twitch is primarily a gaming streaming service, so a channel should be primarily about games. I'd wager that if you were modding a game (be that by creating sprites, data changing or whatever) that would count as well, but I don't know about painting, and especially not about painting completely unrelated things to a game.
Streaming non gaming content is still allowed on Twitch, but it should not be the majority of a channels content (by some definition of majority).

Now that I've said that I'll get to the point. I'd love to see people making sprites for the game, or doing other creative non-gameplay, but still game related content (paintings of characters). Heck I wouldn't mind seeing something that is completely unrelated to LF2, but instead involving the LFE community. I think it would be pointless to have someone stream something to the channel, which in no way relates to LF2 or LFE.
I remember our Lord and savior Silva once mentioned Quake Live.

If you want to test how the Twitch system works, in terms of linking accounts to the channel then I'd be glad to help with that.
I may have some ideas on content I could stream.
Pages: 1 2