Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Character sprite concepts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Character sketches can be made now that we have a story! [Image: smile.gif] 

You can post your sketches here. If you'd like to start on a new character, please provide a 79x79px picture as well so we can give final comments on the pic before you start creating it. When you're really going to start, create a topic named [char]['character's name'] and we'll discuss the details of the character in that topic

Edit: here's an overview of the current sprite concepts:

Approved sprites:

All other sprite concepts:
Woody
Added hood and longer sleeves. Gave him sweater, bit longer hair at some places. Since time passed he became more serious. We cannot leave same fighter sprites I think, we should atleast give them something new. (as for spriting, if this is accepted, I could try and resprite it.) Ofc if mod is not based on just summer like weather.
[Image: f0VycRt.png]

Davis. Gave him *pony tail* (gives me the feeling of martial arts fighter) street fighter gloves.
[Image: mbeu1OX.png]
that is fkin epic mono! keep it up! love it so far! :D
(10-07-2014, 11:27 AM)Mono Wrote: [ -> ]as for spriting, if this is accepted, I could try and resprite it.
[Image: f0VycRt.png]
U mean repsriting them completely or editing the origional sprites?
why no both?
Lets try edit or resprite
Wouldn't respriting take too much time? The original LF2 has 25 characters in it, isn't editing a whole lot faster?

Edit: both sprites are fine with me by the way :) 
thats why I asked :p

I also like the designs!
(10-08-2014, 02:00 PM)Arcane Wrote: [ -> ]thats why I asked :p

I also like the designs!

Which basically means (the way I interpretend it) that we shouldn't remake all sprites, but edit the existing ones instead.

If we were to resprite all the original characters, it would take months at least. Editing the existing ones would probably take a few weeks of work in total.

A bit off-topic, but really important in my opinion: I think the most important thing at this point is to start with the new characters. Why? 
1) spriting completely new characters, or even just revamping existing ones, takes way more time than editing the originals. So starting with the new ones is just logical planning
2) we can start with the stage mode sooner, which will probably take much time too (and the sprite edits to the originals simply aren't required in order to develop the stage mode)
3) having new characters in the game gives more of a "new" feeling to the player then some minor edits to the original characters

Of course we can have some people start with the editing of the originals, but we need at least 1-2 people working on new characters if we want to make clean progress

What would you guys like to do Mono and Arcane? 

Edit: if you want to start on a certain character, please upload a 79x79px sprite of the character here. If we approve of the character design, start a topic named [char]['character name'] and we'll discuss the character in that topic. 
as for new character, I realy admired that char you was working on some time ago mono [Image: FRk8ymQ.gif] 

Maybe we can use him?
Sorry Arcane but we cannot use him, not that he is not finished yet (studies gets in the way, I dont have its files on my laptop)
but I just cannot, he have some other purpose.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26