Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Hex for Project/Beginner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,

For an upcoming project I am thinking if I might as well learn to Hex Edit, if it of course adds to the game play.

So I have some questions about whether something are possible or not.

Is it possible to...
  1. ... split the MP bar into segments so that you can easier see how much MP you have?
  2. ... add new special move inputs like the ones we see in Hero Fighter (i.e: →←→A or ←→↑↓A or ↓↓A)?
  3. ... add direction only moves? (→→, ↑↓)
  4. ... add something like A↓J?
  5. ... add character specific gauges? Like some characters uses MP, some characters use SP, or a character has like a Bullet gauge which together with the MP allows you to do different attacks?
  6. ... add more Effects? What I need is "if this hits while not blocking, opponent goes to frame number X".
  7. ... add more super punch itr, the one that tells the opponent what to do?
  8. ... add double inputs? I.e. D+A?
  9. ... make frames that hitconfirms like frame 110 to 111?
  10. ... make attacks that hitconfirms? Like a catching-itr but without cathingact and caughtact. If hits go to frame X, but if misses go to frame Y.
  11. ... to make blocking done by pressing the opposite direction you are being hit from?
  12. ... make dv?: 550 work for itr as well?
  13. ... change hitstop and/or hitstun for certain attacks?
  14. ... make <fall: 41 attacks hit opponents while falling?
  15. ... change when you can row while falling?
  16. ... make attacks stop time for the sake of looking cool?
  17. ... remove the DADA, DJDJ, and DDDD commands?
  18. ... add another button apart from A, J and D?
  19. ... add another MP gauge?
  20. ... add more state 100?
it's not about hex. Its so easy. Look for exe graphic edit program: Resource Hacker

it exists on mainsite.

After downloadig program; you will see which graphics you want to customise; it includes mp-hp bar section too.
it can be easily done with dcing. Just make the value of hit_a: xx in defend frames.
Aaand new effects and time-stop feature created before by Great Lord Silva and TheNave.
by the way i downloaded reshack but when i made change on lf2 i didnt work why did it happen
(12-25-2011, 04:55 PM)xmfcx Wrote: [ -> ]@#1: it's not about hex. Its so easy. Look for exe graphic edit program: Resource Hacker
I figured that would be possible, thanks for confirming.

[deleted]

(12-25-2011, 04:55 PM)xmfcx Wrote: [ -> ]Aaand new effects and time-stop feature created before by Great Lord Silva and TheNave.
That is good to hear, thanks.

By the way, how many BDY can you have in a single frame?
(12-27-2011, 10:57 AM)支倉凍砂 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2011, 04:55 PM)xmfcx Wrote: [ -> ]@#8: it can be easily done with dcing. Just make the value of hit_a: xx in defend frames.
I think you have misunderstood my question. I need to make additional frames that work like 110 to 111.

I think you are referring to #9 or #10, while he answered #8

About the bdys, multiple are possible in a frame (about 4 or 5, it's best if you try it out) - if it's more, the game either crashes or the rest of the bdys are not acknowledged, can't recall which it is right now (or was that itrs? or maybe it's both)
(12-27-2011, 11:31 AM)Ramond Wrote: [ -> ]I think you are referring to #9 or #10, while he answered #8

You are right. >_<

(12-25-2011, 04:55 PM)xmfcx Wrote: [ -> ]@#8: it can be easily done with dcing. Just make the value of hit_a: xx in defend frames.
[D then A] is not the same as [D at same time as A]. : p

(12-27-2011, 11:31 AM)Ramond Wrote: [ -> ]About the bdys, multiple are possible in a frame (about 4 or 5, it's best if you try it out) - if it's more, the game either crashes or the rest of the bdys are not acknowledged, can't recall which it is right now (or was that itrs? or maybe it's both)

Oh, okay, that is good know, but slightly unfortunately. : /
And when I think about it, it is important to know about the itrs as well.

Itrs are limited as well (don't know about the bdy's, just itr, haha). Having more than 5 will most likely result in the game just using the first 5 and omitting the rest.
i think the sum of itr and bdy is limited to 10 - I experimented with them for KLF2 long ago and think thats the limit I detected...
LF2 only allocates memory for 5 bdy's and 5 it'rs per frame. If you have more then it starts overwriting memory which it shouldn't be, this can cause weird problems.
Primitive version of bullet gauges; with a DC-trick and Resource Hacker.

But not char spesific; thats why i call it primitive:P
Name of Mod: Killer LF2 aka K-LF2; exists on mainsite.

Working system: In mp bar; its not blue. It have x bullets on it side by side(lets say it's 10)
it's a simple graphic trick wih using ResHacker.

There is no move which consumes Mana. They all consumes bullet:P.

Total MP= 500
a bullet= 50 MP

it means you will add a mp: 50 to the bullet consuming data part.

Problem: What about Mana Regeneration?
Solution: Silva: HEX:P

Bad thing about it is you can't make moves which consumes real Mana:D But YinYin handled that with making moves consuming HP D:

PS: i don't like them special moves in K-LF2 because they are draining hp and doesn't even have enough injury level. Why would i use them moves when i can hit simply by punching? Of course i have nothing to say about graphical look; they are awesome...
Pages: 1 2