Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: alf2: current state - insights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
hello there :)
as some of you may know i've got my own little lf2 modification which i've been working on since before 2006

but my learning development has been a lot faster than any possible progress i could have ever made till now
thus i created many things that i abandoned again quickly in the process because they could never meet my ever growing standards
(well i did release julio, who is a part of this - because him and silvas boss mode are just too awesome)

last year i have already released two videos displaying the current status of davis and rudolf
and hopefully the general direction i'm trying to go now
(even tho i was more trying to show of the button view program)

alf2 current state: davis (Click to View)
alf2 current state: rudolf (Click to View)
i have grown more content about the features i'm adding to the game
so i want to continue posting more on what things look like
hopefully also some videos like these - but probably more gif recordings

next up will be a few gif recordings on fire/ice affinity and immunity (firen/freeze/firzen)
i will put each of these little portions as a single post and also announce the next feature
and since this is a forum it'll require someone to post in between - otherwise no new post from me

question away if you are interested - it will help me to keep going

thread summary (Click to View)
so other than Julio and those two videos which I have seen quite some time ago, what else has been done to compel you to make a thread?
(07-27-2011, 04:25 PM)YinYin Wrote: [ -> ]i will put each of these little portions as a single post and also announce the next feature
and since this is a forum it'll require someone to post in between - otherwise no new post from me
You can always double post ;)

Rudolph looks pretty sweet. So he automatically vanishes when knocked down?
What happens if he doesn't have enough mana?
and what happens if he doesn't have enough mana and while its "recharging" on it's own while Rudolphs on the ground in falling frames. Does that mean it activates as soon as he gets the mana while on teh ground or does the move become void?

Keep up the good work and updates ;)
my first thought:
[Image: alf.jpg]
looks pretty sweet :D
Oh hell. That position switch move looked so sweet.
Hello there :)
What are you doing with the concepts of Slider and Berserker? Are these just redundant concepts, or are you going to use them for new characters like Julio?
Are there going to be visual changes on some characters?
Will you add moves to non-hero characters aswell? (Similar to LF2-SV. I mean seriously, it was pretty awesome to see a regular Knight to suddenly charge up his sword!)
Why are you only releasing GIF recordings? Wouldn't Youtube videos provide more bandwidth? (That question is not really important though, haha)
ice affinity:
[Image: 2s85obc.gif]
fire affinity:
[Image: b5juvo.gif]
ice/fire immunity:
[Image: am8wux.gif]
edit:
some more info on those:
they work similar to louis' armor
in all basic frames (standing/running/etc) they will protect them from these elements
but as soon as you are attacking or already hit the protection is gone
means all three of them can be frozen and burnt
@Marshall (Click to View)
@bashscrazy (Click to View)

next up: diagonal rebounding woody projectiles
I can't see those gifs (I suspect it has to do with Hong Kong as I can't view anything from imageshack either)

EDIT: still can't see them. anyway, for the fire/ice affinity/immunity, did you add a whole new set of interacting (underground) bdys to all the frames and itrs?
wondering how you made rudolf's >>A clone hittable by rudolf (can't remember how i did it on the statues, but i suspect something else).

>> fire/ice affinity/immunity
characters still take damage right?

Azriel~
Cool!
Hope it will released soon.:D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33