Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: alternate punches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well, actually i wanted to post this after i released my new char including it, but meh.

here it comes, the
tut for alternate punches

well, as we all know, a normal lf2 character has only 1 normal punch (2 if you count both normal, but they are pretty much the same).
what we also know is that you can use the hit_ tags in every frame.
so what about adding them into the punching frames?
for example you could put hit_j: 85 in the first punching frame, so that'll make the run attack if you press a+j.
this also works for jump attack.

we also know that if you press a direction key you will walk. we could add another hit_ tag here to let him do another punch while holding a direction key.

last thing (for now), alblaka found out that you can make the character do his dash attack by jumping in a direction if you replace the first jump attack frame state with state 5. that will make another punch.
don't worry about doing the real dash attack while jumping in a direction, you can also use the hit_a tag in the dashing frames (which should lead to the real dash attack then).
if you press back while jumping (and using this method), you will go to the dash_back frames where you could also put an alternate attack, but this one will be the same attack as if you'd dash, turn around and attack.

so all in all that makes:
-hit_d/j in punching (2)
-hit:d/j in jump attack (2)
-walk+hit_a tag (1+2 if you use the hit_j/d tags in the first "punching" frame as well)
-state 5 in jump attack (1+2 if you use the hit_j/d tags here as well+1 if you use the dash_back frames + hit_a)

so you can do 11 alternate punches without using special inputs. that should be enough.

btw OMG my first longer post without smilies!
You could also make multiple range attacks but it's quite buggy cause as far as i know you need to grab the enemy
damn the title was misleading....curse you
thought it was a tut on multiple combo punching sprites... :P
(03-12-2010, 07:23 PM)Hacker Wrote: [ -> ]You could also make multiple range attacks but it's quite buggy cause as far as i know you need to grab the enemy

Actually, you could also do this on a couple of other ways... like a T3 which checks different ranges with a hitzone ^^
*small update, now 11 punches*

thanks for your comments :D

(03-12-2010, 08:17 PM)Alblaka Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2010, 07:23 PM)Hacker Wrote: [ -> ]You could also make multiple range attacks but it's quite buggy cause as far as i know you need to grab the enemy

Actually, you could also do this on a couple of other ways... like a T3 which checks different ranges with a hitzone ^^

actually i will release a theory soon which uses the same technique, but i won't say for what :P
I'm not impressed. Old. Basic.
It's not a good tutorial either, but I'll cut you some slack considering the fact there's really nothing to write about.
yeah i think it is quite basic (honestly, sorry)
so i had a think about it

well you could have added an extra dummy frame at the end of each punching frame to make extended basic punching combos too

for example, say you have 3 normal frames for punching. copy a standing frames and throw it in front of those 3 frames. connect it so that this standing will loop back into normal standing frames.
you added a hit_a of the new standing frame to your new punch.
the reason for having a standing frame (state 0) is for the super punches and weapons pick up. basically your new punches will be different but have the same properties of the normal punch

hmm...should i be talking about this here?
(03-12-2010, 07:09 PM)Bamboori Wrote: [ -> ]we also know that if you press a direction key you will walk. we could add another hit_ tag here to let him do another punch while holding a direction key.

-walk+hit_a tag (1+2 if you use the hit_j/d tags in the first "punching" frame as well)

careful with that- it will override your normal weapon attacks
-> gain one, loose another

also i dont think a second hit_ tag will work fast enough after the hit_a to gain another 2
(03-14-2010, 07:24 PM)YinYin Wrote: [ -> ]careful with that- it will override your normal weapon attacks
-> gain one, loose another
where can i gain one?

(03-14-2010, 07:24 PM)YinYin Wrote: [ -> ]also i dont think a second hit_ tag will work fast enough after the hit_a to gain another 2
it works, i already tried^^
(03-14-2010, 07:31 PM)Bamboori Wrote: [ -> ]where can i gain one?
im obviously talking about the new 'walking' punch you get?
(03-14-2010, 07:31 PM)Bamboori Wrote: [ -> ]it works, i already tried^^
my problem is that in the case of both being a hit_ action one of them has to be pressed first and the second one very shortly after

other way around, holding or both at once might not work - i prefer being able to perform things in as many intuitive ways as possible :p
Pages: 1 2