Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Template reskin project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok, if you are searching for the following things, please don't bother reading the rest of the thread:
1: any gameplay changes to original lf2
2: any data changing involved (except maybe for a new stage mod)
3: any actual "spriting"

the idea to do this project was inspired by a drawing Hari posted in the LF2 discord, showing a davis with a template head. so i said to myself, why don't i reskin all the original characters so they look like template?
basically this mod will feature all the original characters, including the cheat characters, but templated. and a custom stage mode, if i can manage to make it, but don't have high hopes for this.

the pace of the project will be relatively slow for the moment due to school being back, but you can roughly excpect it to be over in about 5 to 8 monthes (normal chars should be over in 3 monthes tho, maybe lower, depends on my motivation)

this is what the chars will look like: [Image: G9q14Ar.png]

also, literally ALL the chars in lf2 will be reskinned, if you understand what i mean :) . and the effects also.
(you can also excpect some modded characters to be in the mod, if i get permission from their respective authors)
That's a very cool idea. Do it!
[Image: giphy.webp]
for no actual reason. i just said why not doing this and i did it :p . tho it can also help spriters (maybe)
Davisplate (name by AmadisLFE) progress: [Image: 7YcOBGd.png]
BallPlate (name by me this time) progress: [Image: NDIrfBa.png]
(09-03-2017, 06:29 AM)Gad Wrote: [ -> ][Image: giphy.webp]
[Image: giphy.gif]

:P
what would be way more interesting imo would be actually redrawing them as template, like we did for the custom template tournaments way back.
But that would turn it away from being a reskin project to something of more complex proportions.
Bamboori Wrote:what would be way more interesting imo would be actually redrawing them as template, like we did for the custom template tournaments way back.
i can't really understand what you're saying, tho i can say that there is something i'm going to do that is close to your suggestion.
EDIT: and since i posted anyways:[Image: SAwlAwL.png]
i plan to finish davis_0 and half of davis_1 by today
i mean more like this:
[Image: zojGTFhNSHu9dPI9RP_ALg.png]
so it shouldnt be that much more work (if at all). its just less characteristic features
(09-03-2017, 06:34 PM)Bamboori Wrote: [ -> ]i mean more like this:
[Image: zojGTFhNSHu9dPI9RP_ALg.png]
so it shouldnt be that much more work (if at all). its just less characteristic features
i actually don't want to do that. why? because LITERALLY all chars will get a templatization. if you didn't guess, template too ;) . and he will also get some special moves from the other characters. except that i will remove all the original features/characteristic when the original template performs them. (in other words template performing dp won't look like davisplate but like original template, while davisplate using dp still has some characteristics from original davis)
Pages: 1 2