Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: What controls do you use to play LF2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i got extremely curious about this recently. with what controls do you usually play lf2?
i play with arrows and the numpad's 1 2 3, for p1, and wasd and j k l for p2.
After years of fighting over player 1 controls, we had figured out the ultimate configuration for maximal hand management. More comfortable than it looks.
[Image: 8z2YELt.jpg]
I started playing lf2 like this when i was like 8 yrs old:

[Image: sH71wwf.png]

Adjusted this to resemble controls of most platformer games, where usually ctrl is attack and space is jump, shift is some alternative action.
The most common use keys are arrows and z,x,c

But the most satisfying controls i use are wsad-rty for player 1 and Home,delete,end,pagedown with 4 5 6 for player 2

keeping hands close make you feel the control

and keep at alphabetic grid.following arrows make your finger slips.getting over the grid make your wrist struggle.
[Image: CFKi8lG.png]
Player 1 to play.
Player 3 main tester.
The rest are extra that I don't normally use except for testing.

(07-01-2017, 07:39 PM)the mad maskman Wrote: [ -> ]@STM1993: you never felt wasd is too away from 4 5 6?
Not at all. I'm used to playing shooting games where the controls are WASD and mouse, so its actually way more comfortable for me that way.
i really wonder how 2 players could play on the same keybord using these controls.
don't you think that it's hard to move your hands each time to get to the key you want to press?
yeah, those seem normal. but why Home,delete,end,pagedown instead of the arrows?
you never felt wasd is too away from 4 5 6?
(07-01-2017, 07:39 PM)the mad maskman Wrote: [ -> ]@A-Man: i really wonder how 2 players could play on the same keybord using these controls.
That's for 4 players. A D J is Attack Defend Jump, and the arrow keys are <>^V. Each colour stands for a player.

Quote:keeping hands close make you feel the control
I disagree; it gets uncomfortable if hands are too close, as thumbs aren't used and tend to need some space.
(07-01-2017, 07:44 PM)A-Man Wrote: [ -> ]That's for 4 players. A D J is Attack Defend Jump, and the arrow keys are <>^V. Each colour stands for a player.
Not having issues with multikeys getting ignored? I recall DON having problems even playing alone on his laptop(?)

As for me, been using this set of keys since I started co-oping with a former school friend of mine some 15 years ago or so:
[Image: J4O87NB.png]
Z - Attack
X - Jump
C - Defend
Arrows
[Image: LsE759AdRxKsoRCqlo0GFQ.png]
Player 1: Main Controls
Player 2: Test Subject
Player 3: 2nd Player Controls/Test Subject
Player 4: Test Subject

New Keyboard does give a lot of ghost keys though....Aka, Multiple keys are sometimes ignored

Hah, seems like our P1 and P2 controls are reversed.
Pages: 1 2