Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Question: how do I change the games name?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tryed to finde a threat on the matter but coudn´t

...sooo any idea how to change this?
[attachment=3444]

Thanks in advance :D
1-Get OllyDbg from here

2-Launch the program (as an administrator), and drag "LF2.exe" inside its window.

3-On the top-left window, scroll down for a while until you see an area with a bunch of "DB 00"s commands. Pick one and remember its address. Right click -> Binary -> Edit -> type in the new name ,and make sure "Keep size" is unchecked.
[Image: WAPjVS6.png]

4-Right click anywhere on the top-left sub-window of the program -> Search For -> All Referenced Text Strings.
[Image: search01.png]

5-A small window like this pops up:
[Image: fdlgI.png]

6-Right click on the small window -> Search for text -> "Little Fighter 2". Double click on the result and it will take you somewhere that looks like "push 0xXXXXXXXX" (there may be other results of your search, but all correspond to the same text shown in different places):
[Image: 1GUYhpm.png]

7-Double click on that line and it will let you modify the command. Change "0xXXXXXXX" to the address you picked in step 3.

8-Right click anywhere again -> Copy to executable -> All modifications -> Small window pops up -> Right click on it -> Save.

[Image: U7QOyKo.png]
Thank You!

EDIT: Scrolling down for a while was no joke, eh xD
*10 min Later* Jeez where is this
*another 10 min later* Why am I scrolling on 9gag?
*anoter5 min later....still scrolling*
*30 min later than that....* *sudden realisition* .... I guess my OllyDbg is too Old xD
I used an Old version i still had on my PC ... Duuuurrrrr

That was a lot Quicker now.
In step 3) do I need DB XX or is XX a placeholder for any given number? like DB 04 for example
Yes, it's usually always "DB 00". Modified my post for more details.
For some Reason I dont find the "All modifications" option in step 8 :-(
*sigh* sorry for being a bit dorky but I actualy try this for 2 days now and all i got done is to make the Game Invisible in the Taskmanager xD
It should appear as soon as you modify anything. What part are you struggling with?
I just don´t get the option...
http://puu.sh/nkOue/4875dc6bb6.png
the small window pops up and when I want to save it asks me if I want to save without any changes... which is wierd i guess

and if I just save it. Then the program has no name at all.
Which is fine I guess xD
http://puu.sh/nkOAt/c11f7a5851.png

EDIT: I guess I´ll leave it at that. If problems accur i´ll take this into considaration xD

Thanks again For the Help!